A month left, maybe?
First of all, read all the way through. The pictures at the end are the best part.
Almost two years ago, I got a new job, with more hours. And then a few months later we sold one of our cars so we became a one car family. And then we bought a house. And then we did house projects. and then I spent all my free time listening to Hamilton (and then re-listening to In the Heights) And about a year later I got pregnant. And we did a bathroom/bedroom remodel. And we had to start crossing things off our "we're-about-to-be-parents-so-lets-get-some-things-done" To Do List. So we traveled to Oregon to tell Jesse's family the happy news. And we went to Monterey because we wanted to go on a trip while I was in the 2nd trimester (first trimester=exhausted. third trimester=uncomfortable). And we finished up more house projects. And we had a gender reveal party. (it's a girl, we've had them check 3 times so far, just to be certain). And we started getting the nursery ready, which means moving office down stairs, which means the computer isn't as easily accessible. And then iZombie season 2 came out on Netflix. And we bought a car (we call him Ravi, after a character from iZombie, whom I love). And then the holidays hit, and the Moana soundtrack was released, and I had about a dozen doctors appointments, and there was family in town and blogging was not important to me in that moment. And now I'm a month away from becoming a mother. to an actual baby. an actual baby that is currently all up in my ribs. And we're trying to sell our truck. And I keep having doctor's appointments. And I'm pretty much thinking of any excuse possible as to why I only blog once or twice a year.
But tonight, I made time to blog.
You're welcome.
Since I am a list maker, I am going to just list things that have been making me happy lately.
Veronica Mars.
Yeah, I know. I'm over 10 years late to the MARShmallow party. I didn't have TV when it was on, and I never got around to looking in to it until the last few weeks. We got Amazon Prime, and we started watching season one (until we got 17 episodes in and amazon prime removed it from their prime membership stuff, and I was sad). At that point, we went to the library and rented it. Orem Public Library is so great. Any how, I am devouring Veronica Mars. I don't binge a lot of shows. Jess and I usually have a season of something or other that we're watching, but it's like "one-episode-before-bed, two-on-Saturday-if-we're-not-busy" But every now and then, maybe once every few years, I find a show I realllllly love. Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries is the main one that I think of (I watched it so much, I started thinking in an Australian accent. I sounded brilliant in my head). If I do things right, I think I can finish the series before the kid comes. I'm part way through season 2, and if my calculations are correct, I've got 34 episodes and 1 movie left. I think I can do that in a month. Also, it's fun to disagree with Jess about whether or not Logan is the worst. I don't hate Logan. He does. It's fine. Don't spoil anything for us thankyouverymuch
Home made marshmallows
That's what I'm planning on bringing to the nurses as my "thank you for helping my birth a baby" gift. I just have to get around to making them. And putting them in my hospital bag.
Baby Books
I've been working on my child's library for a little while (especially since I didn't get rid of about half of my own childhood books). Here's what I've got so far. I love the baby lit books. And the Journey series by Aaron Becker is amazing. I recommend every one "read" that one (there are no words, but boy is it amazing). Please, if you come to my house, let me show you the Journey series books. They're amazing.
Maternity Pillow
In November, I started having a harder time sleeping. I would start out nice and comfortable, surrounded by pillows, but within an hour of falling asleep, I had tossed and turned all my pillows on to Jess or on to the floor, and I'd wake up uncomfortable, and then I'd have to re-arrange them again, and I was only getting 5-6 hours of sleep a night, which is not my jam. I got a maternity pillow, and went right on back to my 8 hours of sleep on the week night (10 hours on the weekend) life. Unfortunately, I think I have hit the "pregnant enough to always be uncomfortable" stage. Lately, I've woken up after 3 hours of sleep, been up for 3 or 4 hours, then caught one more hour of sleep before my alarm has gone off. A different pillow arrangement seemed to help last night (7+ hours!) so that's good! I am realizing I will never get 10 hours of sleep in one night again. I still appreciate my Maternity Pillow though. I don't know how much Jess loves it.
OnePlus 3T
We got new phones for Christmas. So pretty. FYI-- OnePlus is the brand. 3T is the phone. Boy, was the AT&T guy geeking out about it when we brought them in to get the phones activated. We're pretty happy with them.
NPR Podcasts
I love listening to Ask Me Another. Innocent mormon kid that I am, I didn't realize that it's essentially folks at a bar's trivia night. I know some of the episodes are rated explicit, so I don't listen to those, but all the trivia and puzzles is always interesting. I've enjoyed it so much lately that I am even considering naming my kid after the host, Ophira Eisenberg. I also like to listen to Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me and yesterday, I started listening to Hidden Brain. That one has been a lot of fun.
Obsessing Over What I Need to Pack in My Hospital Bag
I've packed a Toblerone bar, chapstick, pajamas with owls and constellations on them, dry shampoo, swedish fish for Jess. I'm pretty sure those are the essentials. But seriously though, what should I bring?
and possibly best of all
Maternity Pictures from Joanie
She's amazing. I love the way she uses light. It makes me feel pretty. Here. Enjoy









Comments