It's been a minute.
It's been 4 years since I've posted on this blog. Part of the reason I'm doing it today is because we got a new keyboard for our computer and I love the clickity-clackity sound it makes. Seriously, it's a delight. This might be the best keyboard I've ever used. Real tactile experience.
In the last few years, Elizabeth has started elementary school. She's in third grade, specifically in a "Life Skills" class with other kids who get a little extra attention. This year, we got a wheelchair lift into our house, which means we don't have to carry Elizabeth in and then separately carry her wheelchair in. It's been wonderful for my back. Elizabeth is still in to Bluey, and has recently discovered Peppa Pig, or as she calls it "puh pig". She loves singing "head, shoulders, knees and toes". She lights up our life every day and I can't believe how much she's grown. Starting this year, she's gotten off the wait list for DSPD (department of services for people with disabilities). This opens up more funding, like more respite hours, and I can be a paid caregiver! That has been a huge blessing.
Jess works at Thermoworks in American Fork. They make great products and he's made some real friends. Working there has also lead to us upping our "food game". We bought a used smoker last year and we use it nearly weekly. My book club especially loves the smoked cream cheese I make. Jess's favorite challenge was the full packer brisket we made for a "Gibb-together" (Gibb get-together). It smoked for 24 hours and was 5/5.
I'm taking care of the household and watching Korean dramas in my spare time. I watched my first one in January of 2023 and it's been a whole thing since then. I've taken a few Korean food cooking classes. I've started doing Korean lessons on Duolingo and I'll be taking an in person class next month. Language is amazing. Learning a new language has also helped me realize that I don't know English nearly as well as I should. Without looking it up, how many of you know the definition of a gerund? I had to look it up, even though I use them every day. In other news, my hair has been short for a few years, and this year, I dyed my hair purple. Every time I look in the mirror, it brings a smile to my face. It's nice to feel a little punk rock in my 30s.
Orem has a LEGO store now, and a few of the employees recognize us (or rather, recognize Elizabeth) from how often we go. That's right, we still love LEGOs. Next time you are over, let me show you our newest sets. Or we can video chat.
There you have it. 4 years worth of updates. I'm sure there's a thing or two missing, but this is the gist of it. We're safe and warm and well fed. I hope you all are too. Happy Christmas!



Comments