September and October update

It's been a long moment since I posted. Almost 2 months. Recovery from surgery went well. I still have a few little pink scars here and there on my torso, but they're fading. I haven't missed my gallbladder, which is great. A few weeks after surgery, we went to Cedar City. I've never "really" been there (I have a vague memory of being in that area my parents when I was a young teenager. We drove through there and possibly stopped to visit a family friend--but that could have been St. George)
Any how, Cedar City was a delight. I am anxious to go back next year. Taming of the Shrew was wonderful and hilarious and made me so happy. Here's to hoping we get to see Much Ado About Nothing next year. That'd be bomb.




After that lovely weekend trip, we didn't do much for a few weeks. I got two new cookbooks, and I use them as much as I can afford to. I love food, and I love splurging on good food, but my pocketbook doesn't always think that's a good idea. We did eventually go camping for a quick minute. We went up after work on Friday and were home before noon on Saturday because we had stuff that we needed to get done. That's adulthood.

We had a little get together last weekend on Friday night with some friends and family. It obviously wasn't a great time to plan it because it was during UEA, hunting season, and there was  a home BYU game. I'm still glad we had the party that night because it gave us all of Saturday to re-cooperate from it, and to prepare for Sunday. We went on a little hike on Saturday. Fall hikes are my favorite hikes. Really, fall is my favorite season of all time, with Summer being my least favorite. Also, we have received callings in our new ward. We're back in Primary, teaching the kids that turned 7 this year. 

In other news, being grown up is still stressful, but there are good moments with good food and good friends. I just need to focus on those.
The holiday season is coming up on us. Halloween next week, Christmas decorations will be all over the place the week after that, then there's our favorite holiday, Thanksgiving, and the joy of December, which includes Jane Austen's birthday, Christmas Eve, Christmas day, Boxing Day, Jesse's birthday, and New Years Eve. All wonderful days that we plan to celebrate fully. I do love the holidays.

Comments

Popular Posts