Continuing to Adult


It's been a minute since I've posted. We've been busy with work, house projects, family visits, and doing out best to avoid the heat of the summer (but I am excited that my favorite season is coming up next! Hurrrah for Autumn). I thought I'd y'all. We got the floors in our kitchen finished at the very end of June. I love the color.
Independence day weekend, we cleaned up and finished everything at our old apartment. We've missed some of our friends in the area, but haven't missed the old place at all. Being a homeowner is much more work, but also much more rewarding.


A few weeks ago, I was able to have nearest brother's kids and wife visit my at work and check out our new place. I tried posting a picture of all of them, and the only Julia one I had was a little blurry. Sorry Julia!




Pioneer Day weekend, we spruced up the downstairs bathroom. It needed a new toilet and a little work on the plumbing, as well as some other things here and there. We removed the old toilet, painted, and installed a new faucet on the Friday. On Saturday, we installed the new toilet and finished installing some of the other things like towel bars. It's awesome having more than one bathroom! I'm loving it.




 Here's the new toilet! We decided to go with a dual-flush one. So spiffy.
A few days after that, I had more visitors at work! My eldest brothers family was visiting the area, and the kids got to come by to check out the big trucks. I really like getting visitors at work. They were lucky enough to be there when a fire truck was in the shop, and the got to honk the super loud horn (scared me to death. that thing is loud when you're right next to it!)


I was able to help out at an open house about some utilities for the city of Orem a few weeks ago. My job was to bring the treats and point people in the right direction when they got there. It was a long day, but I enjoyed it.

We're still getting a few things set up at our house. We did set up our LEGO mini-fig display cases. We still have a few pictures to hang, and we need to re-assemble some of our lego sets to display.

Jesse's parents have come to Utah for a visit. They stayed with us the first two days. We invited our nephew Ryan over so that he could introduce his fiancĂ©e to his grandparents. It was a very nice visit. Jess Sr and Nicole had a good time talking about Alberta, Canada (Jess Sr was born and raised there, Nicole was there for high school)

One of Jesse's favorite parts of having his parents visit is being able to play games with his Dad. On Thursday, they played billiards, shuffleboard, gin rummy, and possibly darts as well. Pretty much a perfect day for those two.

While his parents were visiting the area, we had a family dinner. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from that event. I love this one of Dad-Jess playing with his great-granddaughter. Precious.

And I really like this picture of Charlotte and Joanie, especially how they move their heads at the same time. Very cute

And this little guy having the time of his life.


And in other news, I had my gallbladder removed yesterday. I haven't been feeling well since Pioneer Day weekend. After a few doctor's appointments, an ultrasound, a HIDA scan, and a consultation with a surgeon, I finally got around to getting it removed. I'm sore right now, but that's to be expected. I picked up a few movies at the library to get me through the next few days of rest, and my sister-in-law is dropping off Beauty and the Beast, which I adore.



Through my recovery, Jess has been just awesome. I've really appreciated all his help. 

And now I need a nap.

Comments

kyliebrooke|s said…
YAY for updates! I hope you feel better VERY soon. Also, I feel like I want to come bring you a housewarming gift.

Popular Posts