Work and Obsessions
We've spent 6 weeks at our jobs. We're quiet happy. It's hard to believe it's been 6 weeks. The time has flown by. I really like my job. There's a lot to learn, but I find it all interesting, and I sort of love learning about the infrastructure of Orem. I am really enjoying doing project-based work, as opposed to customer service type stuff (granted, I answer the phones some, but it's so different from working in Sub Abuse). Here's a view of my cubicle.
I like have dual-monitors. The little lego guy (I've named him Larry) fits in to Public Works quite nicely. The candy dish is being used daily, and there is plenty of room to work on assignments. Hurrah. I'll have to take a picture of my view from my desk. This next week of work is going to be especially busy. It's National Public Works Week, and I have been tasked with making the lunch happen for all 200-something people in the department. I'm up for that challenge.
Work is going well for Jess also. He likes his boss, he loves the commute, and the snack pantry is a pretty great bonus as well. There're granola bars, peanuts, fruit cups, fresh fruit, and sometimes ice cream bars! Here's a view of Jess's desk. He especially likes sitting next to a window and enjoying all the natural light. He doesn't especially like John Wayne hovering near by, but that can't always be helped. The work he is doing is a good fit for him too.
In other news, here are things I've been way into lately.
Also, we've been doing some house shopping lately. Our current contract ends with July, and it'd be ideal if we could get something figured out for certain by then. *Crossed Fingers*
I like have dual-monitors. The little lego guy (I've named him Larry) fits in to Public Works quite nicely. The candy dish is being used daily, and there is plenty of room to work on assignments. Hurrah. I'll have to take a picture of my view from my desk. This next week of work is going to be especially busy. It's National Public Works Week, and I have been tasked with making the lunch happen for all 200-something people in the department. I'm up for that challenge.
Work is going well for Jess also. He likes his boss, he loves the commute, and the snack pantry is a pretty great bonus as well. There're granola bars, peanuts, fruit cups, fresh fruit, and sometimes ice cream bars! Here's a view of Jess's desk. He especially likes sitting next to a window and enjoying all the natural light. He doesn't especially like John Wayne hovering near by, but that can't always be helped. The work he is doing is a good fit for him too.
The work is challenging enough to keep us from boredom, but not too challenging to lead us to a lot of stress.
In other news, here are things I've been way into lately.
- Josh Groban's latest album. We got the Target version, and we are loving it.
- The soundtrack for Austenland. We watched the movie again last weekend, and I couldn't stop humming the songs, so I embraced it. I might have listened to the song "Comic Book" about a dozen times a week.
- ATK's "The Best Mexican Recipes". The chilaquiles were amazing. I'm excited to try tamales this Christmas season. The queso fundido is going to be my go-to double date game night recipe, and I am totally going to make the camarones a la diabla soon too. Pretty much every ATK cookbook ever is going to be amazing, and this one does not disappoint. If you're into cooking good food at home, I recommend all things ATK.
- Spreadsheets. I know, it's a bit geeky, right? But I've been learning more about how awesome they can be. Pivot tables? So awesome. Along with that, Vertex42.com is a spreadsheet resource I've been enjoying lately.
- My nieces, nephews, great-niece, and great nephew. Super lucky to have some cool relatives. Here's one that I try to see at least once a week, if I'm lucky.
Also, we've been doing some house shopping lately. Our current contract ends with July, and it'd be ideal if we could get something figured out for certain by then. *Crossed Fingers*








Comments