Look what I found!

For President's day weekend, we went to Elko to visit my parents. It had been about a year and a half since we had been there. It was a nice visit. My mom let me borrow make up, I picked up some of my old things from when I was a child, and we ate good food. One of the coolest things that happened while I was there was finding a trunk full of pictures, letters, and documents that belong to my great-great aunt, May Adams. She raised my maternal grandmother.


I had my dad scan some old photos that I found from both sides of my family.



I'm told the gal holding the baby is May Adams. I just found out that it's my mother's older sister, Debbie. Her first selfie!

This is my maternal grandmother. We think this picture was taken when she was about 17, so around 1955 perhaps. She is gorgeous! I love everything about this picture. Her outfit is on point. The car is classy. Her hair is beautiful. I love the shoes. She looks good.




This is my paternal grandmother. I haven't the foggiest how old she is in this picture, but I think it's after she was married (so after 1948-ish?). She looks fun and spunky. I know so little about her family line. I plan on rectifying that.

Another great-great aunt (not May, but her sister Norma/Emily/Emma) was married to a well known (in his time) silent movie actor named Francis X Bushman. My grandmother called him Uncle Bushy. He was in the silent version of Ben Hur. I found a glossy of him.

This is one of the favorite pictures I found. I have no idea who is in the picture, but I love how it looks. It appears to be some sort of barn themed party. My mom and I didn't recognize any of the people in the picture. 

(Since posting this, my grandma and my aunt were able to tell me who is in this picture. The young man dancing is Patrick, the grandson of Francis. So if he's my great-great aunt's husband's grandson...that makes him my....I dunno.)


While going through some of my own boxes, I found my childhood stuffed animals. I had a thing for lambs back then. I even found some beanie babies. 


Also, I tried wearing lipstick one day. I liked how it looked, but I realized I snack too often for it to be feasible on a daily basis. I hate getting lipstick on forks, water bottles, etc.

Comments

Joyful Noise said…
The baby is me. We have been wondering what happened to that suitcase. We have been looking for it.
Joyful Noise said…
The man with his back to the photographer is Patrick Conway, he was Francis X. Bushman's grandson. He is dancing with another actress who was in movies. The party was at Patrick Conway's parents home, in their barn which was where Debbie Reynolds and Debbie Fischer first lived and is now where Pacific Palisades High School is located. His father owned from the high school to the beach.
Joyful Noise said…
Also, Mom has never seen that photo of herself. Can you believe how much your mother looks like your grandmother?

Popular Posts