living for the weekend
We're more than 1/4 of the way through February. January seemed like the longest month, and Christmas is a distant memory. I am really excited for this month of February. I would even go so far as to say it is the perfect February. It fits into a calendar perfectly, with all the dates fitting perfectly into 4 weeks, not a single date above or below.
It's so compact and perfect. It's going to be a great month. Also, I love when Friday the 13th, Valentine's Day, and President's Day happen in the same weekend, with Mardi Gras, Ash Wednesday, and the Chinese New year following one after the other.
I almost feel like I'm getting a hold of this adulthood thing. I go to work on days when I would rather watch disney movies. Laundry is done every week. I eat vegetables every day. I don't eat dessert every day. I know a little bit about what's going on in my community, my state, my country and a tad about what's going on in other countries. I wake up early. I make sure there are enough groceries in the house. I eat brown rice instead of white rice. And yet...most days I feel like I'm pretending to be an adult, I'm faking it. Is there a point in your life where you haven't felt like you're not faking adulthood?
It was a good weekend, and for once, the weekend didn't seem to fly by. It was a good balance of down time and activities. We went to a play, watched a couple of Blazer games, finished taxes, cleaned the church, visited family, got set apart for our calling, did the Provo Art Walk, and ate some good foods. Also, one of our nieces got her mission call, so that's pretty awesome.
Here's the view from our favorite seats at the Hale Center Theater in Orem. The play, Barefoot in the Park, was a lot of fun. We're excited to see Les Mis there in a few weeks too!
While doing the art stroll in Provo, we popped into one of the most hipster places I have ever seen. They had shirts with holes in them that cost $50 and handmade shoes that cost $300. I don't see myself shopping there often, but it was a lot of fun to browse. They also had a spiffy barber shop.
And here is a picture of the first time I met my great-nephew Liam (left), in March of 2013, and a picture of his sister Charlotte, who is 6 weeks old. We met her on Saturday. She's tiny and cute and she fell asleep in my arms.
So, there you have it. That's about all there is to update you on right now.








Comments