Trip to PDX and other things

This last weekend, we went up to Portland to visit Jess's parents. We took the train and trax up to the station. I decided to begin the trip with a bag shot at the train station.


And a shot at the PDX airport. If you are so inclined, take a look at #pdxcarpet on instagram. I'm amazed at how many pictures there are. 


We were able to go to a burger place called Dickie Joe's while we were in Portland. It was one of the best burger places we had ever been to. The truffle-parm fries are what I dream about now. I think I could eat them every day if that were an option. 


 A niece, Abby, let me braid her hair. As far as french braiding goes, I know how to do it to my own hair, and this was my first time trying to french braid some one else's. I think I did it upside down or backwards or something. *shrugs* close enough.


 A walk on a foggy morning.


 MOSS!


 View from the back deck with the fog.


Sheron gave me a Christmas sweater that was too small for her. Which was great because I needed one for a work party the day after we got back. Worked out perfectly. 


 The Gibb Christmas tree. While I was visiting their house, I decided to take stock of the amount of Christmas decor I saw. Here is what I found...




 Jess loved being able to watch the Blazer games on the television with his dad in the man-cave. They also got to shoot lots of pool and play quite a few games of gin-rummy.


 A quick nap while breakfast is cooking.


One of Sheron's ornaments. 


 The backyard on a clear day. I love all the trees in Oregon.


 My last pdx carpet shot.


 We ended up getting to hang out at the airport for about 6 hours, which was fine. We had plenty of snacks, a premo charging spot, and WiFi. 


 We lit the first light on the menorah on Tuesday. Because we can. 


Here's our Christmas tree. We have it on top of a box or two this year, so now it's almost as tall as I am! We have a bunch of empty holiday boxes, cookie tins, books, DVDs, CDs and toys tucked under our tree. I don't think there's an actual present under the tree at all in that pictures, if I remember correctly. There are some now. So excited.


Sheron gave me a bunch of snow flakes to use for Christmas decorations, like the ones she has on their tree. They're all very pretty and I like them very much.


 I was at a book store the other day, and misread the title of a book. Perspective matters!


 On Friday, I had the chance to help watch my middle brother's kids with my dad. I took the bus up to Draper, and I was bored enough to take a selfie. 


My dad and two of my nephews met me at the bus station. It is a very short walk to my brothers house, which is awesome. I let the youngest one borrow my hat, which he didn't seem too thrilled with, but I thought he looked darling.


That same little guy fell asleep while he was crawling around. It was just before dinner too. He took a little nap and ended up eating a little later.


 I think he thought that if he didn't make eye contact with me, I wouldn't be able to see him. 


 The littlest, after his bath. Clean babies are where it's at. 


This morning, I ate a strawberry tamale (so pink!) for breakfast while Jess ate a piece of gingerbread cake. If that doesn't say "holidays at my house", I don't know what does. I love having sweet tamales (or any flavor really) this time of year. It reminds me of California.

Comments

Popular Posts