November Happenings






Went on a walk to Bridal Veil falls last week. And got a few shots of the fish in the pond.  So, there's that. Anyhow...

I want to update y'all on our Halloween. At my work, they have a costume contest, an office decorating contest, and a pumpkin carving contest. There happened to be a Blazer game on Halloween day, so I wanted to wear my Blazer shirt, but I didn't think it would go along with the dress code policy, so I figured I'd have to go all in and pretend what I was wearing was a costume, as opposed to my regular (i.e. outside of work) dress. So, I dressed as "Portland". I had hiking boots on. I was wearing Columbia sportswear, a Blazer t-shirt. My rain coat was on, and a tye-die scarf in my bag that turned into a head band. I carried around my re-usable water bottle.


Anyhow...surprisingly, I won 3rd place for most original costume. If I ever do this costume again, I'll try to talk about recycling and eating organic kale as much as possible to really "sell it". What else "screams" Portland to you?


My favorite month has now passed, but this current month is also an excellent one. Here are things about November that I love.

Daylights Savings Time ends. One of my top 5 favorite holidays (1. Christmas 2. Thanksgiving 3. Conference weekends 4. Daylights Savings Time ending 5. My birthday). Extra hour of sleep is bomb.

A lot of good food happening this month. Firstly, Thanksgiving, obviously. Secondly, "Fakes-giving", (or Friends-giving). Aka, the meal where we practice our Thanksgiving recipes to see if anything needs tweaking. Trying 3 new recipes this year *fingers crossed*. Other things that ought to be mentioned are National Doughnut Day on the 5th and National Nacho Day on the 6th. Like I said, good food. And, the macaron class is happening this month. Hurrah.



At this point, we now have 7 full weekends until Christmas (which is on a Thursday this year, so we really have a tiny bit more than seven and a half weeks)). Jess and I have a tradition of watching one Harry Potter movie each weekend until Christmas, which means we watched the first one this weekend. It's one of the traditions that is just our own (as opposed to one either of us grew up with), and I think it's going to be a tradition that sticks. Even though we have been together for a few years, we are still trying to figure out some of our traditions.  There are some we have tried and they didn't really "work" for us, but this one is going well. It was a lot of fun watching the movies and seeing how young they look, especially in comparison to Daniel Radcliffe's Black-a-licious cover this last week.
And here that is, for your viewing pleasure. This kids got talent.









Comments

Popular Posts