The last few weeks
The last few weeks have felt like a bit of a whirlwind! My in-laws were in town for the wedding of one of our nephews. The wedding was beautiful and it was one of the best receptions we've been to.
The week after that, Jess had his last day at UCCU. Here he is after the office was all cleaned, just before we walked out the door for the last time. UCCU had some good times. His new job is great though.
We had a few days off between UCCU and Rimrock, so we went adventuring. We checked out the newly remodeled Bean Museum
We went on one our favorite hikes. We last did this hike in June, and it is really pretty during the autumn when the leaves change.
![]() |
| I snapped this picture right after we heard a clap of thunder we weren't expecting. |
We were lucky enough to have our order of peaches called in during that break. We buy a bushel each year from a lady in Orem who has been selling them for over 40 years! We ended up with 18 quarts, 3 pies, 1 peach cobbler, and a few peaches for snacks. I'm pretty happy with that.
This isn't very interesting, but I did figure out a new hair style that I really like. It's sort of like a cheaters version of a gibson tuck. I've done this a few times when my hair has been damp, and the next day, it's got some pretty great curls going for it. I'm excited my hair is long enough to do this sort of thing again.
Here's Jess on his first day of work at Rimrock. He's got more of a commute, so we have started waking up a bit earlier. He really likes the company and he's enjoying his new job. And I'm excited he'll be able to grow a beard if he wants to! I love his ginger beard.
There were some pretty clouds and leaves that morning.
This morning we went to the Provo Farmer's Market. We got to watch a potter at his wheel. It brought back so many memories of visiting my grandma's neighbor, Premo, when I was a kid. Premo made pottery, and I remember visiting his shop, and he would let us play with clay some times. It was awesome. I need to figure out if I can get some of Premo's mugs or bowls. They were legit.
I had never seen purple peppers before today.
One of the main reasons we went to the farmer's market today was to grab the flavor of the week at our favorite macaron place. Last week they had maple-bacon, which we didn't have a chance to try. This week was banana-nutella. It was bomb.
My favorite flavor was probably the rosemary caramel. It was so different and so good! I will have to buy these again!
So there's an update. We are both very excited that the weather is beginning to cool down. I've already got my General Conference menu planned, and my Thanksgiving and Christmas menu plans are coming along nicely as well. Going to try a new stuffing recipe this year. It looks awesome.


















Comments