three-day-weekend(s)
The last two weekends Jess and I have had Monday off as well. The 17th was President's Day, and we both re-arranged our work schedule to have the 24th off.
And those two weekends were so awesome.
The first weekend started off with Valentine's day on Friday, which included a spiffy gluten free restaurant and watching TRON: Legacy, which is a movie we truly love. We got a bunch of projects done the first weekend, ran a ton of errands during the rest of the days, and we binge-watched the last season on Burn Notice at night. We have been binge-watching it off and on for over a year and a half. We finally finished it. It's weird to be done with it. Also, we bought a microwave that is actually big enough to pop a bag of popcorn, which has not happened our entire marriage.
On Friday, the 21st, we went to see the Timpanogos Symphony Orchestra with Gary and Julie. Ever since seeing their performance, I have been on a classical kick, waking Jess up with "Peer Gynt" and "Symphonie Fantastique" some mornings. Any how, the symphony was amazing. I am grateful I have the opportunity to enjoy symphony's and theater every now and again. Another exciting thing that happened on Friday was that Austenland came in the mail! Hurrah! One of my favorite authors wrote one of my favorite books, which said author co-wrote a screenplay for, which was turned in to one of my favorite movies.
On Saturday, we ran to IKEA, worked on another project around the house, made a mochi cake, and watched Austenland, as well as some of the bonus features. Fantastic.
On Sunday, we made another mochi cake, and headed over to Gary and Julies to have a family dinner. We played some games, I got to hang out with Liam, and the mochi cake was fairly well received, which thrilled me.
On Monday, we went up to PC. I needed a new pair of sneakers, and a few other odds and ends. Well, it was such a good trip. There was almost no one there since it was non-holiday Monday. We ended up with a few pairs of shoes, a few pairs of pants, some shirts, some socks, and an adorable circle skirt. And it didn't cost us nearly as much as it sounds like it should. The most thrilling part for me was that I finally found a pair of jeans that fit me in a way I like, which hasn't happened since 2007. *cue choirs of angels*
While in Park City, we went to one of our favorite pizza places, Park City Pizza. One part that I love is that they have boardgames. So we enjoyed our pizza while I re-learned how to play Sorry.
And those two weekends were so awesome.
The first weekend started off with Valentine's day on Friday, which included a spiffy gluten free restaurant and watching TRON: Legacy, which is a movie we truly love. We got a bunch of projects done the first weekend, ran a ton of errands during the rest of the days, and we binge-watched the last season on Burn Notice at night. We have been binge-watching it off and on for over a year and a half. We finally finished it. It's weird to be done with it. Also, we bought a microwave that is actually big enough to pop a bag of popcorn, which has not happened our entire marriage.
On Friday, the 21st, we went to see the Timpanogos Symphony Orchestra with Gary and Julie. Ever since seeing their performance, I have been on a classical kick, waking Jess up with "Peer Gynt" and "Symphonie Fantastique" some mornings. Any how, the symphony was amazing. I am grateful I have the opportunity to enjoy symphony's and theater every now and again. Another exciting thing that happened on Friday was that Austenland came in the mail! Hurrah! One of my favorite authors wrote one of my favorite books, which said author co-wrote a screenplay for, which was turned in to one of my favorite movies.
On Saturday, we ran to IKEA, worked on another project around the house, made a mochi cake, and watched Austenland, as well as some of the bonus features. Fantastic.
On Sunday, we made another mochi cake, and headed over to Gary and Julies to have a family dinner. We played some games, I got to hang out with Liam, and the mochi cake was fairly well received, which thrilled me.
On Monday, we went up to PC. I needed a new pair of sneakers, and a few other odds and ends. Well, it was such a good trip. There was almost no one there since it was non-holiday Monday. We ended up with a few pairs of shoes, a few pairs of pants, some shirts, some socks, and an adorable circle skirt. And it didn't cost us nearly as much as it sounds like it should. The most thrilling part for me was that I finally found a pair of jeans that fit me in a way I like, which hasn't happened since 2007. *cue choirs of angels*
While in Park City, we went to one of our favorite pizza places, Park City Pizza. One part that I love is that they have boardgames. So we enjoyed our pizza while I re-learned how to play Sorry.



Comments