The Decision
Hello everyone, this is Jess. Many of you know that for the last year or so, I have struggled with my job. I needed an escape, a way out of my current situation. I won't go into the details of why, but it brought me to a place where I started looking for a new job. I started preparing my portfolio and preparing for the job hunt. By October 2013, I seriously started looking for a new job. To make a long story short, on the fifth of February I was offered a job as a marketing assistant with the Little Giant Ladder company.
This was THE job, I wanted it bad! It was the job that would take me away from my current situation, a job with a national (and soon to be global) brand, this was a job that I could have grown and thrived in. BUT, I didn't take the offer.
By now a lot of you are probably questioning my decision, but the short version of why I declined the job is it was an answer to prayer.
Before my first interview with Little Giant, my nephew, Ryan came over and gave me a blessing. In the blessing he talked about relying on the Atonement, that it I would need to put my trust in the Lord. After my second interview with Little Giant, I was feeling confident that I was going to be offered the job, but one question loomed, Am I supposed to take the job if I am offered it? One morning I was studying a General Conference (Oct. 2013) talk by President Uchtdorf, titled "Come, Join with Us," this is the talk where he said "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." As I was reading the talk, a line really struck me; "If you are tempted to give up: Stay yet a little longer." I knew at that moment I need to stay at my current job a little longer.
That was a difficult thing for me to accept because I was having such a difficult time at work. However at that moment, I was reminded of the blessing. I would need to rely on the Atonement and that I would need to trust the Lord.
I don't know why I am supposed to stay, but I do know there is a reason. Perhaps Little Giant wasn't the answer, that something better is waiting for me. I don't know, but when you get an answer to prayer, you listen to the Lord, even if it is difficult to do.
Since I got the answer to stay, things at work have improved, I have been given more responsibilities, and I seem to be in a good place. Things aren't rainbows and butterflies, but nothing in life is, there will always be good times and bad times. I am just thankful we have the atonement to help us through life's ups and downs.
This was THE job, I wanted it bad! It was the job that would take me away from my current situation, a job with a national (and soon to be global) brand, this was a job that I could have grown and thrived in. BUT, I didn't take the offer.
By now a lot of you are probably questioning my decision, but the short version of why I declined the job is it was an answer to prayer.
Before my first interview with Little Giant, my nephew, Ryan came over and gave me a blessing. In the blessing he talked about relying on the Atonement, that it I would need to put my trust in the Lord. After my second interview with Little Giant, I was feeling confident that I was going to be offered the job, but one question loomed, Am I supposed to take the job if I am offered it? One morning I was studying a General Conference (Oct. 2013) talk by President Uchtdorf, titled "Come, Join with Us," this is the talk where he said "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." As I was reading the talk, a line really struck me; "If you are tempted to give up: Stay yet a little longer." I knew at that moment I need to stay at my current job a little longer.
That was a difficult thing for me to accept because I was having such a difficult time at work. However at that moment, I was reminded of the blessing. I would need to rely on the Atonement and that I would need to trust the Lord.
I don't know why I am supposed to stay, but I do know there is a reason. Perhaps Little Giant wasn't the answer, that something better is waiting for me. I don't know, but when you get an answer to prayer, you listen to the Lord, even if it is difficult to do.
Since I got the answer to stay, things at work have improved, I have been given more responsibilities, and I seem to be in a good place. Things aren't rainbows and butterflies, but nothing in life is, there will always be good times and bad times. I am just thankful we have the atonement to help us through life's ups and downs.


Comments