Oh My Feet

If you're a Gibb, the title of this post might remind you of a certain Christmas decoration they have at mom and dad's house. If you're not a Gibb, I'll explain the title.
Mom and Dad Gibb have a holiday decoration that is a Santa, who, the day after Christmas (I'm assuming) is sitting in his chair. When you push a button, he begins wiggling his feet (sans boots), while saying "Oh my feet". Through out the years, his voice has sort of changed, or so I am told since this decoration has been this way the 4.5 years I have been in the family. It is now a very deep, slightly mechanical, very sssllllloooooooowww voice that sounds like the giant from jack and the bean stalk (think "feee fiiiii foooo fuuuum") says "ooooooooooh mmmmmyyy fffeeeeettt". It is a little scary/intimidating.
Any how, the reason I bring up the oh-my-feet-Santa is that, in the last few months, I have been saying that phrase a bit. After 3 months of trying to tough it out and thinking it would go away on it's own and debating if I could self-diagnose and almost buying new insoles but then becoming intimidated by the sheer amount of insoles available and the differences between all of them, I decided to go to doctor who could diagnose it with his brain-logic.
So I set down on the exam table, he twists my feet here and there, asks me a few questions, presses on one spot of my left foot, which causes me to yelp, at which point he says...

Plantar fasciitis.

Which is not uncommon, and is not that big of a deal at all. I have a heel cup to wear in my shoes, and I've got some exercises to do. It'll be taken care of in a few weeks, I'm sure. I just haven't updated the blog in a while, and I felt people might want an update, and that's about all I got.

Well...I guess it's not all I got. I could go on. And now I will.

Jess and I no longer have a data plan. We are smart-phone-less. We saw the LEGO movie and enjoyed it. Austenland (my favorite book and my favorite movie ever) has come out on blu-ray and DVD. I do not own it yet, as it has been sold out of all the stores I have gone to in this area. (Go figure. A modern Jane Austen themed romantic comedy written, produced, and directed by three mormon women is sold out in happy valley when it is released the week of Valentine's Day). I am anxiously awaiting the day I get it though, because it's the best ever.
A year ago today, I had my job interview for the job I currently have. To celebrate, I brought in cookies (for non-dieters) and oranges (for dieters) and I was every one's favorite person for a little while. I'm coming up on my one year mark in a little bit, which feels nice. I like my work.
Well, that's enough for now. Take care!

Comments

Popular Posts