August is almost over. And that's about all that's going on.
It's been a while since I have updated the blog, mostly because there has not been much to update on.
The sinus surgery went very well. At this moment, I am getting over my first cold since I've had surgery. I can definitely tell a difference. Having a cold is still a bummer, but it doesn't wipe me out as much as it used to.
As far as updates go, we try new recipes about once a week. We go on hikes when it's not too hot. We see family when they pass through town. It's a nice life. I did have strep throat this week, which was new to me.
We had our anniversary a little over a week ago. My cold was just start to kick in around that time, so we didn't do anything crazy. We did eat steak (WOO! STEAK!!!) and caramelized green beans for dinner. We exchanged gifts (Frisbee golf and a popcorn popper). We headed to the closest frisbee golf course to practice a little, and then walked to have some frozen yogurt. While there, we saw some "local celebrities", who were nice enough to take pictures with us. For those of you who aren't from UT, these are a few actors from a show BYU does called Studio C. It's a sketch comedy show that's pretty good.
We have now been married for 4 years.On the one hand, I can't believe it's been that long. That's how long high school was, and high school felt like it took forever. On the other hand, I feel like I can't remember what life felt like before we were married.
I am still amazed each and every day that I am an adult. I do productive things from time to time. I pay bills and try to stay hydrated. I have food storage. When some one uses the word Gruyere or Jesuit in a sentence, I know what they mean. I eat more than one vegetable most days. When did all this happen?
Speaking of vegetables, I think I eat more vegetables during zucchini season than any other time of the year. And since we grow zucchini, and we don't bake much during the summer (i.e. no zucchini bread, or zucchini chocolate cake, or zucchini pancakes), we use them for other creative things. Like little pizza bites.
This isn't the best shot of them. They would have looked better if I had let the cheese brown some more. I was not being very patient.
Work is going well. I still like my co-workers. I enjoy my job. I am never lacking for interesting stories.
So there is an update. Still living the dream. We are both very excited for fall to come. We almost feel like it can't come soon enough. I want to get back to wearing boots and sweaters. I want drizzling rain (which it is today! Huzzah!). I want to go hiking with out having to worry about heat exhaustion. We are also kind of excited and kind of dreading the start of school in the area. On the one hand, we will get to see the nieces and nephews who go to BYU, and we are excited our friend Tim is coming to BYU for his masters degree. We are not looking forward to all the school spirit stuff, and all of the other people coming back for school. Like freshmen.
The sinus surgery went very well. At this moment, I am getting over my first cold since I've had surgery. I can definitely tell a difference. Having a cold is still a bummer, but it doesn't wipe me out as much as it used to.
As far as updates go, we try new recipes about once a week. We go on hikes when it's not too hot. We see family when they pass through town. It's a nice life. I did have strep throat this week, which was new to me.
We had our anniversary a little over a week ago. My cold was just start to kick in around that time, so we didn't do anything crazy. We did eat steak (WOO! STEAK!!!) and caramelized green beans for dinner. We exchanged gifts (Frisbee golf and a popcorn popper). We headed to the closest frisbee golf course to practice a little, and then walked to have some frozen yogurt. While there, we saw some "local celebrities", who were nice enough to take pictures with us. For those of you who aren't from UT, these are a few actors from a show BYU does called Studio C. It's a sketch comedy show that's pretty good.
We have now been married for 4 years.On the one hand, I can't believe it's been that long. That's how long high school was, and high school felt like it took forever. On the other hand, I feel like I can't remember what life felt like before we were married.
I am still amazed each and every day that I am an adult. I do productive things from time to time. I pay bills and try to stay hydrated. I have food storage. When some one uses the word Gruyere or Jesuit in a sentence, I know what they mean. I eat more than one vegetable most days. When did all this happen?
Speaking of vegetables, I think I eat more vegetables during zucchini season than any other time of the year. And since we grow zucchini, and we don't bake much during the summer (i.e. no zucchini bread, or zucchini chocolate cake, or zucchini pancakes), we use them for other creative things. Like little pizza bites.
This isn't the best shot of them. They would have looked better if I had let the cheese brown some more. I was not being very patient.
Work is going well. I still like my co-workers. I enjoy my job. I am never lacking for interesting stories.
So there is an update. Still living the dream. We are both very excited for fall to come. We almost feel like it can't come soon enough. I want to get back to wearing boots and sweaters. I want drizzling rain (which it is today! Huzzah!). I want to go hiking with out having to worry about heat exhaustion. We are also kind of excited and kind of dreading the start of school in the area. On the one hand, we will get to see the nieces and nephews who go to BYU, and we are excited our friend Tim is coming to BYU for his masters degree. We are not looking forward to all the school spirit stuff, and all of the other people coming back for school. Like freshmen.




Comments