Camping
We recently went on a camping trip with the Wheat family in Southern Utah. It was really pretty, and it was fun to see the niece, nephews, and to catch up with the rest of the family. We got there Friday afternoon, and got started on putting together the camp sites (we had three in a row). On Saturday, we enjoyed danishes for breakfast. I made some gf ones Thursday night. They are some of my favorite things to make. They are best when fresh, but still pretty good when kept refrigerated. On Sunday, most of the family went on a big hike, and my mom, Mel, Jess and I played with the kids, and did a short hike. Since the ratio of adults to children that day was equal, we paired off. I had the chance to hang out with Tyler. It was a lot of fun to just walk and talk with him on that hike. I loved having a chance to ask him questions and listen to his responses. Monday morning, we had the Wheat Family Olympics. I didn't place in anything, but Jess won gold in the airplane throwing contest. I'm pretty proud of him. After the Olympics, we packed up and headed home. On the way, we decided to stop at Cove Fort. I went there once about 10 years ago, and I remember enjoying my time. This time around, was just as fun. I found out that the missionary couple that led our tour are the aunt and uncle of a boy I was friends with in Elko. For once the "do you happen to know so-and-so" game ended up working.
We really enjoyed the camping trip, and we look forward to going down that way again soon. I didn't take many pictures, but I'll post what I have.
We really enjoyed the camping trip, and we look forward to going down that way again soon. I didn't take many pictures, but I'll post what I have.



Comments