started my job!

First, here are a few pictures I've taken this week of things that make me happy.

Wearing my mom's old shoes to work. Classy!

Using washi tape to decorate a quote journal I started.

LEGO magazine came in the mail! Huzzah! Also, the new Iron Man 3 LEGOs have been announced on their website!

My Friday outfit.

Saturday, I bought something other than white gym socks. Yay! Orange socks!

I wore earrings twice this week! That never happens

and here is the building I work in.

Saturday afternoon, Jess and I went to In-N-Out Burger for lunch. It was a bit crowded. At the table next to us was a father and his young teenage daughter, who was 13 I think. There was an extra seat or two at their table. Another young lady with beautiful red hair asked if she could sit there with them, since the place was so packed. Jess and I had the chance to over hear their conversation. It was kind of neat to see. They started chatting, and it was discovered that the red-headed gal is visiting Utah for the first time, on a road trip with some other folks from her school back east. She had never been to In-n-Out, and was not a member of the church. The three of them started talking about Utah, Temple Square, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The red headed gal, who was about 20, had lots of questions. And the young teenage girl did a great job answering them. It was really neat to see this young girl have the opportunity to have a missionary experience. She talked about baptism, things she loves about temple square, missionaries. I don't know any of the folks backgrounds, but I imagine that missionary experiences like that aren't something that happen very often. It made me happy to be able to be "a fly on the wall".

Work is going very well, I feel. I definitely see a different side of life. But I am enjoying work. I like the people I work with. I like the job that I do. Wednesday night did feel peculiar though. I realized that I would have to go to work the next day, and the day after that, and the week after that. It's a relief to have something to do each day, but still have time to take care of stuff around the house and run errands. I have seen a few sad things at work, but I think that's to be expected. I do feel safe, so that's nice. I know I will never lack for stories!

We are using our bread machine about twice a week. I made some crusty baguettes Saturday night, and they turned out quite wonderful. We had gluten free spaghetti with gluten free garlic bread on Sunday. Delicious. Yay for 'normal'! I'm going to make an herbed hearth bread this week. There are tons of recipes that I am excited for. And they're all pretty good for you. I know a lot of mixes for gluten free foods use a lot of white rice flour, which has little nutritional value, and sweeteners and fats, in order to improve the flavor. The recipes I am using have little to no fat, and only a teaspoon or two of sugar, which is better than others that have a few tablespoons full. I am no health nut, but I do like to be conscious of what we eat.

Comments

Popular Posts