a post with some pictures
On Friday, we decided to take one last weekday to have some fun before I start my job, so we headed up to PC on Friday. One thing we always look forward to when we go to PC is getting our favorite g-free pizza at Park City Pizza Co. We have pizza about once a month, whether that means making it ourselves, getting it frozen (thank you sprouts!), or going out to the two restaurants we know of that have g-free pizza. But this place is easily our favorite.
While in Park City, we checked out a LEGO sculpture exhibit, which is in town until April. We really enjoyed it. Seriously.
We were in heaven. Noticing all the details the sculptor put in to his
creations was one of our favorite parts. It was a great mix of whimsy and "serious" art. Here's a close up of one of the pieces.
I know it might seem silly to get excited about a 2.2 lb box of pasta that costs that much, but I squealed with delight when I saw it. I also noticed that our Costco used to carry the huge box of plain chex that included rice, corn and wheat chex. Now the whole box is all rice chex. I am very grateful to be living in this day and age where eating gluten free isn't as big of a struggle as it has been. I can't say that it is easy. We miss a lot of the things we used to enjoy, but it is getting easier. I think have gotten the hang out eating gluten free at home. Leaving the house can be a struggle, especially trying new restaurants, which we rarely do now.
On Monday, I visited Julie and the kids. Since living here, I have tried to visit there every few months or weeks. I love being at their home. It's pretty much an ideal home. It is functional. It looks pretty. It's in a nice neighborhood. I like the people there.
And on Tuesday, I was given the opportunity to see my Melarie and kids. I didn't know they were in town until the day before, so that was a very pleasant surprise. I love surprises. (except for startling surprises like having an ex-boyfriend be a waiter when you're out at a nice dinner with some of the higher ups at your husbands company) Any how... It was a lot of fun seeing them. When I next see Micah in May, he will be walking, I'm sure.
And now, I am off to finish getting ready for work.
I have a great feeling about my future right now. It's going to take some time to get used to working again, and talking to people, and wearing shoes all day instead of slippers, and possibly wearing make up, or at least making sure my eyebrows are looking decent. But it will be worth it. And I will have things to talk about other than food and the lizzie bennet diaries (which will air their last episode the day after my birthday, but I think they'll be adapting another book, which I am sure I will love).
Huzzah!
and this is what it looks like from farther away.
And lastly, during our PC adventures, I picked up a few new pieces for work. Yay for new clothes! I haven't had to "dress up" (ex jeans and t-shirt) since I worked for big 5 in 2009.
and in other exciting news...I was at Costco yesterday (my home away from home!) and I saw...they have GLUTEN FREE PASTA! I cannot describe how excited I was.
I know it might seem silly to get excited about a 2.2 lb box of pasta that costs that much, but I squealed with delight when I saw it. I also noticed that our Costco used to carry the huge box of plain chex that included rice, corn and wheat chex. Now the whole box is all rice chex. I am very grateful to be living in this day and age where eating gluten free isn't as big of a struggle as it has been. I can't say that it is easy. We miss a lot of the things we used to enjoy, but it is getting easier. I think have gotten the hang out eating gluten free at home. Leaving the house can be a struggle, especially trying new restaurants, which we rarely do now.
On Monday, I visited Julie and the kids. Since living here, I have tried to visit there every few months or weeks. I love being at their home. It's pretty much an ideal home. It is functional. It looks pretty. It's in a nice neighborhood. I like the people there.
And on Tuesday, I was given the opportunity to see my Melarie and kids. I didn't know they were in town until the day before, so that was a very pleasant surprise. I love surprises. (except for startling surprises like having an ex-boyfriend be a waiter when you're out at a nice dinner with some of the higher ups at your husbands company) Any how... It was a lot of fun seeing them. When I next see Micah in May, he will be walking, I'm sure.
In about 18-ish months, this young lady could be in kindergarten. She sang me her favorite song. I recorded it. (and will cherish it forever and possibly played at her wedding reception). Also, she is amazing because she had a bite of gluten free bread with nutella.
And now, I am off to finish getting ready for work.
I have a great feeling about my future right now. It's going to take some time to get used to working again, and talking to people, and wearing shoes all day instead of slippers, and possibly wearing make up, or at least making sure my eyebrows are looking decent. But it will be worth it. And I will have things to talk about other than food and the lizzie bennet diaries (which will air their last episode the day after my birthday, but I think they'll be adapting another book, which I am sure I will love).
Huzzah!








Comments