Bread Machine and other good news

With our Costco rewards this year, we decided to buy a bread machine. Store bought gluten free bread is expensive and not always the tastiest. Also, the loafs are often pretty small (like 12 oz). When I have tried to bake bread, it comes out dense. Gluten free bread doesn't rise as well as "regular" bread. We thought about maybe getting a proofer, but they are pricey. There is a brand of bread flour mix that we used for rolls, and I noticed the bag had instructions for a bread machine, so we waited for our reward, and bought it as soon as we could. It came in the mail Wednesday morning, and by Wednesday evening, we had almost cleared a whole two lbs loaf. It was such a thrill to have fresh bread with a fried egg for dinner. We stopped by a book store Friday night, and found a gluten free bread machine recipe book. So Saturday morning, we tried a new recipe from scratch, and were equally thrilled with that. It was also gone within 24 hours. We did save a little cube of it so Jess could have something other than a rice chex for his sacrament. We are pretty exstatic about it. You might not be able to tell from the picture, but this loaf of bread is just over 1.5 lbs, and is 2 or 3 times as big as a loaf of Udi's.


In other news...
I got a job. It has been a long 10 1/2 months, but I am so relieved it's over. I don't have a definite start date yet, but it may be next week. I'll be sure to let y'all know.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi- I am Teresa Marsh -- Becky Jensen forwarded the link to your blog post as I and my son have been GF for two years. Trying to keep a growing teenager (17) full (haha) without bread and wheat products has been a task. Could you tell me what model this Cuisenart is? Why did you pick this brand or was it just luck? I would be so grateful for your help as I have been scared to dump money into a bread machine. My email address is dntmarsh@suddenlink.net. I hope you don't mind Becky forwarding this to me and my questions. Thanks so much and I would be happy to share some recipes with you that my family loves if you would like. Thanks again...Teresa

Popular Posts