Bones, BYU, and Brisket

Jess gets to wear a boot for the next few weeks. His bones are weaker than a normal 28 year old male because his body wasn't absorbing the calcium he needed before he started his gluten free lifestyle. Because his bones are weakish, they break easier. Jess's ankle has been hurting for a number of weeks, so we had an x-ray done, which showed a small fracture. Ergo, Jess is wearing the boot. We don't know what caused it. We are just glad he doesn't need surgery...fingers crossed. We find out for sure later this month.
In other news, we went to a BYU basketball game Saturday night with Gary and Julie. The whole time I was there, I thought of my brother Robert, who is the only sibling that went to BYU. As they say, he bleeds blue. I'm happy to say we won. It was a lot of fun to hang out with Gary and Julie. They're good to us. After words, we had creme brulee. Yeah, I made creme brulee for the first time yesterday. Which is horrible for my cholesterol, but we had a dozen egg yolks left over from when I made angel food cake, and I didn't want them to go to waste. Creme brulee is probably one of the best desserts ever, in all the land.
Speaking of not good for cholesterol...
It is super bowl Sunday. Which means nothing to us, but we happen to have a 7 lbs brisket in the oven. We had bought it for a special Christmas dinner which ended up being canceled, so we put it in the freezer. I am trying to get better at keeping our food budget, which means being better at planning meals based on what we have. So, I am making a brisket, and some of the leftover meat will be used to make philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers for the freezer, which we will eat another Sunday (we have beef on Sundays).
Do you guys have any tips for grocery budgets? Comment, call or text me if you do!

Comments

Popular Posts