2012, A Review, part 1
I thought I'd take a moment this Sunday morning to review the year we just finished off.
January began with us moving into a new house/apartment. Our previous place just wasn't right for us. We love our new place though. The fact that we don't have any plans to move out of it any time very soon is a good sign. This is the longest we have lived in any residence in our whole marriage. This is the longest I have had one address since 2006, I think. That month, we also had a chance to see Brian Regan with some of Jess's co-workers. We still laugh at some of the jokes from that night. It was a very good time.
In February 2012, we celebrated Jess's one year anniversary at his job. We are so grateful that he is doing so well in his career. That month, we also "caved", and got smart phones. I had a chance to meet my all time favorite author, Shannon Hale, that month. I was so anxious, nervous, excited, I may have teared up a tiny bit.
March was a mostly good month. Jess planned out a fun weekend of activities. We went to Salt Lake City, checked out the new City Center shopping place, and checked out some of my favorite art and architecture. We also ate at Moochie's in SLC. We miss it still.
The day after my birthday, I was let go from my job. It was frustrating, and at the time, out of no where. I'm still not sure why it happened, but it did, and I've been trying to move forward.
In April, we decided to go to an allergist, on a whim, to find out if we're allergic to anything. Jess decided to be tested for Celiac's Disease, since it runs in the family. We never expected the test to come back positive, but it did. Jess needed one more test done to confirm it, and he had to continue eating gluten every day to make sure the test could do it's thing correctly. So the rest of the month was a flurry of going out to eat at all the restaurants that wouldn't be an option if the test came back positive, as well as reading every label of every food item in our pantry and food storage to find out what had gluten, what had been cross contaminated, and what was still safe. We also had the chance to go to a Trailblazer game at the Energy Solutions Arena, which was a lot of fun. We were only razzed a little bit.
Before we knew it, May had come. We started planting our garden, sprucing up the lawn, refurbished a rocking chair, and we had a visit from Jesse's mom. That month, one of our nephews left on his mission, so we also had the chance to go to his farewell. Another thing that happened in May was.... we had the test done to confirm that Jess had a full blown case of CD, and if he didn't take all the precautions to treat it now, it would lead to a life time of not only feeling unwell, but also his chance of getting some awful diseases would increase a huge amount. So, we cleaned out our cupboards, bought a bunch of new and different ingredients, and got to work at figuring out what our life would be like from now on. For Memorial day weekend, we did get to visit some of my family up at the cabin, and my cousin took the time to take a few pictures of Jess and I up there. Thanks again, Woodrow.
Then came June, which is the month Jess has his half birthday. Sine his birthday is between Christmas and New Year, and can be lost in the commotion of the holidays, we have started celebrating his half birthday. June was filled with hiking, gardening, trying new gluten free food, and Jess got together with his uncle to work on a project he's been itching to do for a few months...build a book case! This is how the project looked at the end of June.
Stay tuned. The next post will have pictures of the finished book case, hikes, hot air balloons, food, and Christmas





Comments