Writing
There's something called NaNoWriMo. It stands for National Novel Writing Month. It's a month where a whole lot of literary minded folks attempt to write 50,000 words in one month. It's like a large novel writing marathon. I heard about it for the first time last year. It's kind of cool. The goal is to write around 1,666.666666 words per day, which will lead to having 50,000 words at the end of the month. If you miss a day, you have to work even harder to make up for it in the next day.
Well, because I do not have much else happening in my life, I am trying it this year. So far, I'm a little bit behind on the word count, but I am going to make up for it today. During the week days, I try to write more than 1,667 per day, so that I can skip one day on the weekend. It's kind of like a diet cheat day in a way. I work my butt off during the week so I can relax one day during the weekend.
As far as what the novel is about, I am not nearly close to being able to explain it. Jess doesn't even know what I write about. Some days, I feel like I am writing word vomit, and other days (more like other moments during the days), I feel like I actually write something that makes sense, and might become important to some one else some day. But it does feel good to just be able to write and write and write. Therapeutic, really.
I ought to get back to my word count. I'm aiming for 2,200 today. I'm almost there. Kicking this "novels" butt. Ha-yah!
Well, because I do not have much else happening in my life, I am trying it this year. So far, I'm a little bit behind on the word count, but I am going to make up for it today. During the week days, I try to write more than 1,667 per day, so that I can skip one day on the weekend. It's kind of like a diet cheat day in a way. I work my butt off during the week so I can relax one day during the weekend.
As far as what the novel is about, I am not nearly close to being able to explain it. Jess doesn't even know what I write about. Some days, I feel like I am writing word vomit, and other days (more like other moments during the days), I feel like I actually write something that makes sense, and might become important to some one else some day. But it does feel good to just be able to write and write and write. Therapeutic, really.
I ought to get back to my word count. I'm aiming for 2,200 today. I'm almost there. Kicking this "novels" butt. Ha-yah!


Comments