a post mostly about food


FHE. Episode of Burn Notice. Caramel Greek Yogurt. And a battle that probably worried the neighbors.

Candied peanuts. Practicing my candy making a few months before Christmas. 


I don't have much to say, but most of the time I blog, I'm just rambling any how, putting thoughts on paper.
I'm hoping to make some major diet changes in the very near future. I am going to join Jess on his G-Free diet. I will begin this diet once I have everything crossed off of my Glutenous-Foods-I-Want-To-Eat-One-Last-Time List (donut, hearty mac and cheese, and a few others). Not only will I give up glutenized foods, I will limit the amount of "g-free" processed products I will eat (g-free bread, baking mixes, some pastas). I can't say I will give those up all together, because I seriously love baking some of those things for Jess, but I am going to limit myself.

I have recently (last night) fallen in love with munching on roasted tomatoes with a sliver of amazingly delicious pecorino cheese (It was cheaper than the Parmesan). Our garden is starting to produce more veggies. We plucked our first banana squash. We have 3 more that will probably be ripe within a few weeks, and about 8 little ones growing. They are adorable. I am excited to make banana squash soup come fall and winter. Any one have an preferred way of preparing it? I think I'm going to need a few ideas with all the squash we are going to have.

In other foody news, I may can/bottle something this week. I picked up this splendid canning cookbook, and so many of the recipes sound do-able. Also, it helps to have some family members in the area that plant enough produce to sell, and are more than welcome to give us some for free.  

Comments

Popular Posts