Grown Up

Things that make me feel like an adult
-I dropped a nephew off at EFY this morning. I went to EFY, and now I am taking others there. I remember flying from CA to Utah. I stayed with an aunt he had recently moved to UT.  She took me to EFY on a Monday morning. Now, I am the aunt that recently moved to UT, and a nephew flew in from CA to stay with us. I took him (and his friend) to EFY this morning. Weird.
-I am realizing that dishes, laundry and cooking never, ever stop. As soon as you have one load folded, you realize another one needs to go. As soon as the dishwasher is loaded and ran, there are already dishes needing to go in. As soon as I have the sink cleared of the big pots and pans from the previous meal, I need to start prepping for the next meal (defrosting meat, chopping vegetables).
-I take my vitamins and minerals willingly
-We are slowly getting rid of our particle board furniture, and buying or building more sturdy pieces, that we will probably have for a long while.
-I think the West Wing is interesting.

Things that make me feel young
-I could still read for hours and hours a day if that were an option.
-Most days, my favorite food is cold cereal.
-I take naps.

Comments

mini-wheats said…
I guess I am not having a lot of adult experiences lately. My apt. is always clean because we literally have nothing to clean, I am not buying any furniture...in fact...I have no furniture...I still hate taking my vitamins but I force myself everyday, and we don't know anyone that really wants to go to EFY here (they prob. don't even have one here).

I do enjoy eating cereal...but I can't eat it anymore because they are sugar-y or have some form of refined sugar in them. So I usually eat greek yogurt with strawberries. So I guess that makes me feel grown up!

An I have gotten better at meal planning so I guess that makes me grown-up too. :)

Popular Posts