Birthday!

First of all. Happy birthday Robert. And happy late birthday Micah. Welcome to the earth.
Birthdays are awesome. Jess out did himself again. On Friday, my coworkers and I went out to a yummy sandwich shop called "the Italian Place". When Jess came home from work, he handed me a package with some of these goodies in it.

In the evening, Joanie, Joseph, Jess and I went on a group date. On Saturday, Jess and I went to Salt Lake City, to see some of my favorite art and architecture, and to eat at our favorite hole-in-the-wall. The Pieta is, by far, one of my favorite sculptures. Her face. The way she holds him. Everything about the sculpture is amazing.


Sunday, was all about two of my favorite things, food and Jane Austen. Here is lunch
Salmon with avocado remoulade and roasted cabbage
Dinner was lamb stew. In honor of a certain movie that came out this weekend.
Also, I found some beautiful flowers found at my doorstep that night. I love surprises. Thanks J!

We also watched Pride and Prejudice (and I am reminded that while the cinematography and score are amazing, it does not do Jane Austen justice.), and I finally introduced Jess to Jane Austen's Persuasion. That movie is pretty great. It might be one of my favorites.

On Monday, we took the day off to sleep in, eat oatmeal via candlelight (we didn't put the candles away from the previous evening)


and we watch Once Upon a Time while eating sushi for lunch. Then we went to see the Hunger Games with J&J. Jess won tickets a few weeks ago, but kept it a secret until Friday.

That evening, we had a few family members over for cake and ice cream (Costco Red Velvet. I would recommend it to others). Then, Joanie and I watched the very first episode of Downton Abbey. I have been wanting to watch that show for a while, but I didn't have internet, and then I was busy with work and stuff. I am going to make time for it now. I am pretty sure that show is right up my alley.

And now, today (the actual birthday), we are having another nice meal (shrimp scampi), and then we do presents. I love birthdays. Jess out did himself this year. 5 days. 5 of my favorite things. yay.
1. group date with J & J
2. Art and architecture.
3. Food! Moochie's, Salmon. Lamb. Shrimp. Cake.
4. Favorite entertainment. Jane Austen, Hunger Games (reading some and movie), Once Upon a Time. Downton Abbey.
5. Presents!

That is all

Comments

Amanda said…
Woohoo - go Jess! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lauren! Miss you!

Popular Posts