Burn out, Lent, and MiA.


I feel like I finally hit the Holiday burnout (about 2 months after the rest of the world). The Holidays are over. We've moved, and are done with our other place. Valentine's day has come and gone. President's day is gone, so I don't have a three day weekend until May. At least the weather isn't horrid. Any how, in order to get past the holiday burnout, I thought I would write some things to look forward to.
Today- I'm not feeling great today, so I think I'm going to do something easier for dinner. I try not to take short cuts with dinner very often, and I am trying to add more fresh produce in to our diet, but tonight is not the night for that. Tonight is the night for lazy food, like something from the Costco deli. I'll probably through together a salad so I don't feel so guilty about it. Also, I might watch Cougar Town. I am not ashamed to say I enjoy that show. I would probably enjoy it more if I drank wine, but that's not going to happen. 
This Week- Greg and Ally are getting married! Huzzah! I love weddings. Drinks all around! Also, going to a college basketball game on Saturday with some friends and family. 
This Month- It feels like this month is almost over. With only a week left, the only thing I have going on (aside from the what I just wrote) is Leap Day. I am not exactly sure how we will celebrate that day. We will probably watch "Leap Year". I'm a small fan of Matthew Goode. (I can't say I am a big fan, I have only seen 2 movies he was in). 
In March- If you don't know why I am looking forward to this month, then you are a silly person.
In April- Conference! I am already starting to think about the menu. Also, might go camping this month. And it's the one year anniversary of when I walked for Graduation. And Easter! 
In May- More camping this month, hopefully. Also, 3-day weekend (finally). Also, Jess's mom may come to town. And one of our nephews is going on his mission (New Dehli, India). And maybe doing something fun with J.P. for her b-day?

Today is Ash Wednesday, also known as the start of Lent. I've decided to give up something for Lent. Not because I'm Catholic. You all know I am not. I just like starting new goals, and so I might as well.
I am going to give up clutter, soda pop, and using my phone after 9 pm. I don't think these changes are going to be too hard, but I think they will be good little changes. Baby steps are good.

I bought Midnight in Austenland  (MiA) on Saturday afternoon, and finished it Monday morning. I loved it, and have sort of read it again since then (I skimmed parts and devoured my favorite parts again). Shannon Hale is one of my favorite authors. I have never been in to reading mystery novels, and so I was a little nervous about this one, but she gave me a new appreciation for the genre.

In other happy news. I have been trying to be more conscious of what I am eating (i.e. less mindless snacking). Well, keeping track of it has paid off. 5 lbs lost in a week (even though I have had ice cream more than once). 

Comments

Joanie said…
MAYBE camping in May?! Aunt, Dearie, I've already placed all my eggs in a Moab basket. There are no spaces left in it for your "maybes." (You might not be able to tell that this is all typed in British. I'm sporting my Austen accent today due to some influential reading material.

Popular Posts