Kitchen and other activities
We saw Brian Regan last night, with Jess's department. It was a lot of fun, and Brian was hilarious. I can listen to his jokes over and over again and still find it funny. Jess was in heaven. We grabbed Moochie's for dinner. We eat there pretty much every time we go to SLC. It'd be fun to take Kevin there next time he is in the area. The show was at Abravanell Hall, which I thought looked awesome. It'd be fun to go to a concert there some day.
In other news, we're almost done with the move. We've got most of our stuff over there, save for some of our food storage, a few things on our mantle, and a couple of other boxes. We're going to be all out by Saturday, and then we'll start cleaning. We are really enjoying our new apartment. We like the neighborhood, and we love that we can walk to Sunflower Market (Jess says being in that store makes him feel like he's back in PDX). I am anxious to get completely out of our old apartment. Even though we don't live there, we still have to deal with the guys upstairs being less than stellar.
With our kitchen, we debated whether or not we wanted to have the oven next to the fridge (one thing we disliked about our previous place). Doing so would make it harder for the fridge to regulate it's temperature. We looked at getting a small table to separate the two appliances at IKEA (we are liking that place less and less each time we go), but they didn't have any when we went in. We looked at Walmart, which had one the same size, but it was ridiculously priced for how small it was. We then checked back to one we had seen and Costco, and decided it was awesome, and it was something we would reuse in our future home, whether in the kitchen, or in the garage. Here is a pic.
It's pretty perfect, and it's nice to have even more counter space. Also, it came with wheels, which we decided not to use (it'd be taller than the oven then), but we could totally use the wheels later in life. Also, I love how our stainless steel and black appliances look all in a row. We are big fans of having as few appliances on the counter as possible. Right now, all we have out is a toaster, because we use it for breakfast most days.
In other news, Costco is still awesome. Mom took me shopping the other day. I got a pair of yoga pants and a pair of dress slacks. They look awesome, and they both came in short sizes, which is so nice. I know it's hard for tall folk to find pants that fit, but it's not easy for short folk easy. I am very happy with how they look. I have been looking for a scarf for a little while. I have plenty of warm weather scarfs, but I wanted a large pretty scarf. Well, I found one at Costco. It looks awesome. It's good quality. It was an even better price. I'll post pictures of it some time.
So that's what's going on.
In other news, we're almost done with the move. We've got most of our stuff over there, save for some of our food storage, a few things on our mantle, and a couple of other boxes. We're going to be all out by Saturday, and then we'll start cleaning. We are really enjoying our new apartment. We like the neighborhood, and we love that we can walk to Sunflower Market (Jess says being in that store makes him feel like he's back in PDX). I am anxious to get completely out of our old apartment. Even though we don't live there, we still have to deal with the guys upstairs being less than stellar.
With our kitchen, we debated whether or not we wanted to have the oven next to the fridge (one thing we disliked about our previous place). Doing so would make it harder for the fridge to regulate it's temperature. We looked at getting a small table to separate the two appliances at IKEA (we are liking that place less and less each time we go), but they didn't have any when we went in. We looked at Walmart, which had one the same size, but it was ridiculously priced for how small it was. We then checked back to one we had seen and Costco, and decided it was awesome, and it was something we would reuse in our future home, whether in the kitchen, or in the garage. Here is a pic.
It's pretty perfect, and it's nice to have even more counter space. Also, it came with wheels, which we decided not to use (it'd be taller than the oven then), but we could totally use the wheels later in life. Also, I love how our stainless steel and black appliances look all in a row. We are big fans of having as few appliances on the counter as possible. Right now, all we have out is a toaster, because we use it for breakfast most days.
In other news, Costco is still awesome. Mom took me shopping the other day. I got a pair of yoga pants and a pair of dress slacks. They look awesome, and they both came in short sizes, which is so nice. I know it's hard for tall folk to find pants that fit, but it's not easy for short folk easy. I am very happy with how they look. I have been looking for a scarf for a little while. I have plenty of warm weather scarfs, but I wanted a large pretty scarf. Well, I found one at Costco. It looks awesome. It's good quality. It was an even better price. I'll post pictures of it some time.
So that's what's going on.



Comments