January Update

New Years was a lot of fun. Just us and our nephew and niece-in-law. We watched a movie the boys used to love when they were growing up, we ate so many awesome foods, we played games. At the stroke of midnight, we drank "bubbly", did confetti poppers, and went outside to watch fireworks, cheer, etc. It was the perfect way to do New Years. Fun food, awesome drinks (hand pressed apple cider, orange juliuses, sparkling cider, egg nog), and being with people who make us smile all the time. 

We've decided to start off the new year by changing addresses. We were going to buy one house in particular, but we thought about it, and realized that it wasn't the house that we loved, it was the idea of not being in our current apartment. There a number of things we don't love about our apartment, and I think we've out-grown it in a way. We don't want to buy a house unless we really love it, so we are postponing the search for now, and instead, moving to an house/apartment in a different area of Orem. We will be closer to Provo (closer to Woody, Kendra, Joseph, and Joanie!). Jess is going to be a tad closer to work (he may ride a bike to work some days!). I will be a tad farther, but I don't mind. It'll still be less than 15 minutes most day, plus I will be able to run errands along the way, where as I have to go out of my way to run errands now. Boo. 
I really like the location of the apartment. We are walking distance from a park, an arcade, a bowling alley, some good restaurants, and Barnes and Noble (!!!!!). It'll be nice to get to know another part of Orem. Jess is worried that he's caught the "moving bug" from me. This will be our 5th place in 2.5 years. We may stay in this apartment for a while, and save up a huge chunk of money for a down payment. Or we may be there for a few months, if we find a house that we love. We are trying to keep our options opened.
I am really excited about moving. I've started doing some decluttering (2 garbage bags to DI on Saturday), and I am confident I'll be giving more. One thing I really like about the place we are moving to is that...there are closets! We only have one closet in our place now, and that is in the bedroom. We have no broom closet. No linen closet. No game closet. We have to stack stuff in the stairwell. This new place has closets, lots of cupboard space, and a storage room to boot.

We are very excited for our new place. Happy New Year! Hope yours was as wonderful as ours.

Comments

Popular Posts