Change of Scenery

I am not longer a nursery leader. For (at least) the next few weeks, when I go to church, I will actually interact with some adults, and not have to utter phrases like "instead of jumping on the baby, let's build a tower with blocks". When ever I crouch down to play with one child, I won't have to worry that another child will take that as an invitation to jump on my back. For the next little while, I won't have to worry about whether or not there are going to be long standing issues when the kiddos stuff baby dolls in to the play kitchen oven or microwave. Are they doing it because they want to give the baby doll a cozy little place to sleep? That's what I am hoping. Also, I won't have to search the church building for the parents of a child, only to find out the parents have actually gone home, so I have to leave the church building, find their house, knock on their door, and tell them that their child has a stinky diaper. That is just a weird experience. 
Now, not that nursery wasn't a great experience, but it is not an easy calling for me. It has been cute to watch the children learn how to sing the songs, practice folding their arms when it's time for the prayer, and do other redeeming acts. It is cute to hear them talk about how Christmas, their siblings, and other things that make them happy. It's been hilarious to see them do unexpected things, like one little girl (she always talks about how pretty her dress is) suddenly started doing body builder poses. That was awesome.
And now, we move.
We're going to slowly move our stuff over in the next few weeks. I have been making a list of things we have been putting off buying, because we weren't sure when we would be moving. On the plus side, our grocery budget has been down, because we've been eating more food storage. On the negative side, it can be hard to figure out what to eat for dinner, because we haven't bought some of our freezer staples (like chicken breasts or ground beef). 
We are pretty apprehensive about the next few days though. We'll be juggling making sure apartment B is clean, packing up apartment A, moving things from A to B, getting our washer and dryer, picking up important items like a plastic shower curtain liner, cleaning apartment A, Organizing apartment B, getting used to the new house, the new ward, the new neighborhood, while also working full time (Jess) or almost full time (me). Also, we need to throw a couple of family activities in there, and a couple of date nights. 

If any one wants our new address, text or call me. 



Comments

Popular Posts