What would I pack if I only had one bag to live out of?
I saw this question on a blog a few days back (http://princesslasertron.com).
That got me thinking. How would my life be different if I had to fit everything into a suit case. Would it be easier, or harder? Would it affect how I would spend my time? Would I still do most of my own cooking, or would I eat out more?
If I had to live out of my bag, I imagine I wouldn't be doing very much cooking on my own. While most of the things I use in the kitchen are not necessary (I could do rise in a pot on the stove instead of the rice cooker. I could put toast bread in the oven rather than the toaster, etc). But it's still be cumbersome to carry around a 2 pots, 1 frying pan, lids, 1 spatula, 1 slotted spoon, 1 regular spoon, a rolling pin, 1 pie pan, 1 cookie sheet, and 1 bread pan. And that would kinda just be the bare essentials.
The clothes though, I think I might be able to handle a little better, as long as I stay on top of my laundry. I find most of the time I complain about not having something to wear is because all of the clothes that are clean are clothes that don't fit right (modesty issues, etc) and I should just get rid of them any how. I only wear 1 pair of pants, and I rotate between 3 skirts and 1 dress. Give me 4 blouses, and I'm sure I could make it work. One pair of PJs. 1 pair of work out shorts, 1 pair of work out pants. 6 pairs of socks Shoes are the issue though. 1 Pair for exercise. 1 pair of cute boots. 1 pair of practical boots. 1 pair for casual. 2 pairs of heels. 1 pair of flip flops. 1 pair of ballet flats. That's one for each day of the week, which isn't bad, but isn't great either.
There are so many little things that I feel like I'd need though. Like slippers, a humidifier, Christmas decorations, loads of books, crafting supplies, the sewing machine I hope to get some day, a computer, sock monkey, and probably a billion of other things
Also, winter clothing can be bulky (1 nice winter coat, 1 snow coat, 1 scarf, 1 nice pair of gloves, 1 pair of snow ball makin' gloves, 2 hats). And then there's sheets, towels, and toiletries.
I don't think I could do it.
That got me thinking. How would my life be different if I had to fit everything into a suit case. Would it be easier, or harder? Would it affect how I would spend my time? Would I still do most of my own cooking, or would I eat out more?
If I had to live out of my bag, I imagine I wouldn't be doing very much cooking on my own. While most of the things I use in the kitchen are not necessary (I could do rise in a pot on the stove instead of the rice cooker. I could put toast bread in the oven rather than the toaster, etc). But it's still be cumbersome to carry around a 2 pots, 1 frying pan, lids, 1 spatula, 1 slotted spoon, 1 regular spoon, a rolling pin, 1 pie pan, 1 cookie sheet, and 1 bread pan. And that would kinda just be the bare essentials.
The clothes though, I think I might be able to handle a little better, as long as I stay on top of my laundry. I find most of the time I complain about not having something to wear is because all of the clothes that are clean are clothes that don't fit right (modesty issues, etc) and I should just get rid of them any how. I only wear 1 pair of pants, and I rotate between 3 skirts and 1 dress. Give me 4 blouses, and I'm sure I could make it work. One pair of PJs. 1 pair of work out shorts, 1 pair of work out pants. 6 pairs of socks Shoes are the issue though. 1 Pair for exercise. 1 pair of cute boots. 1 pair of practical boots. 1 pair for casual. 2 pairs of heels. 1 pair of flip flops. 1 pair of ballet flats. That's one for each day of the week, which isn't bad, but isn't great either.
There are so many little things that I feel like I'd need though. Like slippers, a humidifier, Christmas decorations, loads of books, crafting supplies, the sewing machine I hope to get some day, a computer, sock monkey, and probably a billion of other things
Also, winter clothing can be bulky (1 nice winter coat, 1 snow coat, 1 scarf, 1 nice pair of gloves, 1 pair of snow ball makin' gloves, 2 hats). And then there's sheets, towels, and toiletries.
I don't think I could do it.


Comments