Blog Envy
A while ago, I read a cute post on a blog that I feel I can relate to, sort of. If you're interested, check it out here (the main stuff I am talking about starts about half way through, starting with the sentence "she is currently traveling the states for her book tour")
I totally agree. There are some days where I get blog envy of all these bloggers. There are so many things I wish I could be doing, but I don't have the time, skill, or money to do these things. I will admit that if these things were really important to me, I would make time for them. For example--Jane Austen is important to me, so I put forth the energy to rent/borrow/buy the movies, read the books, read fan-fiction, etc. DIY home decor is nice, and I'd like to do it some day, but it's not that important to me yet, so I don't go out of my way to buy modge podge or fabric. Maybe home decor will be when we buy a house?
Speaking of houses, we're still searching madly. We've looked at a dozen or two, even went so far to put an offer on one (which didn't work out), and we are still searching madly, each day. We want to buy a house, and sooner would be better than later. We want to own our space, and not hear banging and loud foot steps when we take Sunday naps, or have a fridge that leaks cold water on everything, and then freezes, which has leads to some ruined food. We want to be able to paint the walls to match our decor. We want to have a yard that is ours, not shared.
Yeah, I'm complain-y. I've got an awful case of "the wants". I'll blame pinterest.
Also, I am hungry. So I am going to make a list of food I wish I were eating right now.
A steak sandwich.
This brown sugar and balsalmic glazed pork loin
Anything with mushrooms
This hotdog
Pioneer Woman's Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork (I've decided I AM going to make this in January. You can't convince me other wise. Nothing will stop me. I shall prevail. I shall.)
A maple bar with bacon on it
Shrimp (not shrimp cocktail though)
Salted Caramel Cheese Cake.
Yeah, that'll do for a nice meal. Which is sad, because I ate lunch an hour and a half ago, on the other hand, I am past the age where a PB&J sandwich leaves me satisfied.
I totally agree. There are some days where I get blog envy of all these bloggers. There are so many things I wish I could be doing, but I don't have the time, skill, or money to do these things. I will admit that if these things were really important to me, I would make time for them. For example--Jane Austen is important to me, so I put forth the energy to rent/borrow/buy the movies, read the books, read fan-fiction, etc. DIY home decor is nice, and I'd like to do it some day, but it's not that important to me yet, so I don't go out of my way to buy modge podge or fabric. Maybe home decor will be when we buy a house?
Speaking of houses, we're still searching madly. We've looked at a dozen or two, even went so far to put an offer on one (which didn't work out), and we are still searching madly, each day. We want to buy a house, and sooner would be better than later. We want to own our space, and not hear banging and loud foot steps when we take Sunday naps, or have a fridge that leaks cold water on everything, and then freezes, which has leads to some ruined food. We want to be able to paint the walls to match our decor. We want to have a yard that is ours, not shared.
Yeah, I'm complain-y. I've got an awful case of "the wants". I'll blame pinterest.
Also, I am hungry. So I am going to make a list of food I wish I were eating right now.
A steak sandwich.
This brown sugar and balsalmic glazed pork loin
Anything with mushrooms
This hotdog
Pioneer Woman's Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork (I've decided I AM going to make this in January. You can't convince me other wise. Nothing will stop me. I shall prevail. I shall.)
A maple bar with bacon on it
Shrimp (not shrimp cocktail though)
Salted Caramel Cheese Cake.
Yeah, that'll do for a nice meal. Which is sad, because I ate lunch an hour and a half ago, on the other hand, I am past the age where a PB&J sandwich leaves me satisfied.


Comments
Good luck house hunting, don't rush or get frustrated. Go for what you want!