Pre-Thanksgiving rambling.

Halfway done with "the stones".  
For Thanksgiving next week, we're going to AF. We are in charge of the relish tray. I also decided I wanted to bring a cheese ball, and 1 pumpkin pie.

I found this sauce, and I am trying to decide if I want to make it for the relish tray dip (I'll also have something similar to ranch).

What do you think?
Also, what are some things I should include in the relish tray? I want jicama, carrots, celery, olives for sure. Other options the running are broccoli, cauliflower, and pickles. I have had a request for cucumbers, and cheese. 
What are your thoughts?

And because I want some dinner ideas, I am curious as to what you are having for dinner tonight. Or wish you were having for dinner tonight. Or anything like that.
Thank you, and good night.

Comments

Kevin Wheat said…
When I go to my grandpas for Thanksgiving we always have his homemade pickles some sweet and some SPICY! I love his spicy pickles! I miss them every year. I need to learn how to make them before he dies. Anyway, I definitely suggest pickles! I can't imagine Thanksgiving without them! We also have celery with cream cheese in them, and the hot spicy peppers you get in a jar.
Kevin Wheat said…
Sorry... that was really me, Ellen. Also...we are having curry chicken for dinner. It's a nice, cheap, healthy meal. I just saute' chicken and frozen vegetables in skillet and add a curry sauce to it and then serve it over rice! That was Kevin's choice for tonight...It was between curry and teriyaki because I have to start getting rid of my veggies before we move.
Melarie Wheat said…
I would add pickles, cucumbers, and a couple kind of cheeses. Tonight I have no idea what we are having since I'm not expeting Robert home for dinner. Last night we had Chicken Divan, basic ingredients are chicken and brocoli topped with a cream of chicken, mayo, and lemon juice sauce, topped with butter and bread crumbs.

Popular Posts