Hair Cut

I'm going to get my hair cut. I think I've mentioned that before. I have pretty much had shoulder length hair (or much much longer) my whole life. And I might be getting something shorter than shoulder length.

So, those of you that have had shorter hair cuts (boys excluded), what are your thoughts? My hair is getting to the point where it's too long, and I want something that is faster (blow drying, styling, etc). It's hard to do those things quickly when my hair is so long and so thick.
Is short hair fun? Does it drive you nuts when you can't pull it up in a pony tale? Does it take more time or less time to style it?


Comments

mini-wheats said…
I've always wanted to do a pixie cut but because my hair is so curly...I am a little afraid to do it...maybe when we have kids I'll venture out and do it. I have cut my hair shorter than shoulder length and I love it so much better. Its faster, easier to do...I can wear it down more often because it actually looks good...It does get a little annoying when I can't put it in a pony to get it out of my face though. But head bands work wonders for that! I've found that when you cant style it different (because its short) just get some fun cute clips or head bands and you won't get bored with it! You can also try looking for sites where you can see yourself in different hair cuts so you know if it will look good!
Melarie Wheat said…
I'm in the same boat. I have a hair apt. for Friday and am looking at what I'm going to do. My hair is very thick though so I don't know how a shorter cut will look. I think I'm going to go chin length. So, sorry I'm not much help, but maybe after Friday I'll have more to say =).
Amanda said…
Lauren - I LOVE SHORT HAIR!! Now... I have only had it for a few weeks.... but I LOVE IT!! I think yours is going to be super cute shorter. I would have gone shorter, but my hair is so thick, I was afraid to go shorter than above my chin... so it is at the shoulders in the front, and shorter in the back. I'm pretty sure if I went shorter (like in the picture you have of katie holmes) my thick hair would be crazy poofy. Anyway - just do it, you'll look fabulous! It still takes time to style short hair, but it is definitely faster! I don't care about no ponytails...because I hate ponytails!! It is a little annoying when I go to wash my face or brush my teeth and my hair falls in front of my face while I'm spitting in the sink or something...but that is what hair clips are for!
Unknown said…
I just cut my hair and wanted to go short bob again but stylist talked me into a little longer so i could still do pony tail, i like it but might go shorter next cut. I love short hair and think you'd look cute short. Since its thick have them thin out some bulk, they do that to mine.
Can't wait to see it!
I think drying and styling is much faster and easier to make look cute as opposed to long hair always in a pony tail.
Joyful Noise said…
The main problem with short hair is you need to get it cut every six weeks to maintain the cute look.

That being said, I go to the beauty salon every six weeks...

Popular Posts