music

This last weekend, we made a trip to Elko to see if we could be of any assistance to my parents. While there, I (LG) brought back more of my junk. It was interesting sorting through it all. Much of it got thrown away, or is going to DI.  I got my guitar though, and started playing again. It's been so long since I've been involved in music, which is weird to think about, because there were a few years where I thought music was my life. I loved my iPod. I was in bands. I had learned (sort of) a (very) small handful of instruments. I went to concerts with K-bro. All of my friends were in to music. And for the past little while, I just listen to the radio when driving or when I'm home alone and the house feels too quiet. Music hasn't been a big deal to me at all.
It's been good to play again. I had forgotten how much it hurts in the beginning. I'm hoping I keep with the practicing though, so I can build up callouses. Eventually, I want to get as good (or better) than I was when I was in high school.

Comments

Unknown said…
Good for you! You'll pick it up in no time. And funny how we pack up our HS life thinking we can't live without it, give it a few years and it's mostly junk. :) oh growing up is fun! Love you and glad you could go to Elko!

Popular Posts