Cook Book
The cookbook is almost done! I plan to send it to the printers tomorrow. The working title of the cookbook is "Cooking for Two on a Budget". I'll tell you a little bit about it. It has 5 sections, with 5 recipes in each section (so 25 recipes in all). The sections are "Breakfast", "Sides Dishes", "Dinner", "Freezer Dishes", and "Treats". It'll be in color, and more than half of the recipes have pictures.
Now, I'll tell you why I wanted to do this project. For one, it's my senior project, and I wanted to do something that had to do with my most recent hobby, cooking and baking, and I also wanted to work on my writing skills for my senior project, which worked out to making a cookbook. Second of all, it seems like when I go recipe hunting, I find recipes that are designed for couple, but they are usually too "gourmet"-ish, and not very budget friendly (I haven't met too many college students that can afford to buy lobster and nice cuts of meat). I wanted to find recipes that tasted good, but that I didn't have to eat leftovers for 2 or 3 days. When I made this cookbook, I wanted to make recipes that were budget friendly, but I tried to avoid things like pastas and sandwiches, which I think are pretty easy to make when it comes to cooking for two. So, that forced me to be a little more creative.
We are going to print a few at the start, but I thought I would mention it to you all in case you would want to order two or three to give away as wedding presents. I am not 100% sure what the cost will be at this point, and I should know by tomorrow. If any one is interested, give me a call, shoot me an e-mail, text me or leave a comment.
Now, I'll tell you why I wanted to do this project. For one, it's my senior project, and I wanted to do something that had to do with my most recent hobby, cooking and baking, and I also wanted to work on my writing skills for my senior project, which worked out to making a cookbook. Second of all, it seems like when I go recipe hunting, I find recipes that are designed for couple, but they are usually too "gourmet"-ish, and not very budget friendly (I haven't met too many college students that can afford to buy lobster and nice cuts of meat). I wanted to find recipes that tasted good, but that I didn't have to eat leftovers for 2 or 3 days. When I made this cookbook, I wanted to make recipes that were budget friendly, but I tried to avoid things like pastas and sandwiches, which I think are pretty easy to make when it comes to cooking for two. So, that forced me to be a little more creative.
We are going to print a few at the start, but I thought I would mention it to you all in case you would want to order two or three to give away as wedding presents. I am not 100% sure what the cost will be at this point, and I should know by tomorrow. If any one is interested, give me a call, shoot me an e-mail, text me or leave a comment.


Comments
Love you two!
Ps Tyler loves reading the I Love You So Much book you gave me a few years back for my bday. He calls it the "squirrel book".
By the way.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!