Cook Book 2
I went to the printers, and found out the cookbook I have designed is going to be more expensive than I was expecting. I'm going to get a copy printed for my senior project (which will be presented next Thursday. Yikes).
And after I graduate, I'm going to re-design it a tad so that it's more economical. I'm sorry for the delay.
In other news, the other day, two friends from my old stake in Monterey stopped by for dinner. It was a lot of fun catching up with them because I hadn't seen one of them in about 6 years, and the other I hadn't seen in 4 or 5.years. It was a lot of fun.
Ellen, you might now want to read this next paragraph. It talks about sugary food.
For dessert, I made cupcakes. I almost never get to make cupcakes, so I was really excited about having an opportunity to make them. I ended up making a white cupcake, with crushed up oreos mixed around, and chocolate ganache on top instead of a butter cream or cream cheese frosting. I am a big frosting fan, and if I were to make cupcakes just for me, I would load them with a mound of frosting. Jess likes frosting in moderation, and so I often make ganache when I make cakes or cupcakes. I love how easy it is to make. For those of you that don't know...this is how I do it.
-In a small pot, heat 1 cup heavy cream just until it starts to bubble around the edge. Remove cream from heat, and pour 6 oz (half a bag) of chocolate chips in, and let sit for 5 minutes (do not stir). After 5 minutes, stir with a spatula until all combined. Let cool 15 minutes, and then you use it to frost. This frosts about 24 cupcakes. If frosting a 8 or 9 inch double layer cake, double recipe (2 cups cream and a 12 oz bag chocolate chips)
And after I graduate, I'm going to re-design it a tad so that it's more economical. I'm sorry for the delay.
In other news, the other day, two friends from my old stake in Monterey stopped by for dinner. It was a lot of fun catching up with them because I hadn't seen one of them in about 6 years, and the other I hadn't seen in 4 or 5.years. It was a lot of fun.
Ellen, you might now want to read this next paragraph. It talks about sugary food.
-In a small pot, heat 1 cup heavy cream just until it starts to bubble around the edge. Remove cream from heat, and pour 6 oz (half a bag) of chocolate chips in, and let sit for 5 minutes (do not stir). After 5 minutes, stir with a spatula until all combined. Let cool 15 minutes, and then you use it to frost. This frosts about 24 cupcakes. If frosting a 8 or 9 inch double layer cake, double recipe (2 cups cream and a 12 oz bag chocolate chips)


Comments