Birthday Weekend and Prep
I pretty much had the best birthday weekend. That's one things that's nice about having a Birthday on a Sunday. You can party through the whole weekend.
So, Friday evening, Jess scored seats for the "Pillar of the Valley" Banquet, honoring Blake Roney for all he's done for Utah Valley. He's a pretty awesome guy. The food was amazing, done by Culinary Craft (which I think has been on Food Network), and, we got to rub elbows with a few of "the Brethren". We got to say hi to President Uchtdorf. We got to see Eld. Ballard and Eld. Andersen. It was a lot of fun. The event ended with the BYU football team singing "Army of Helaman", which was really touching to watch.
Saturday, after I finished up my assignments, I got to open my present from Wendy-darling, which was some new stamps! (We put them to use last night during FHE). Then, Jess gave me my present. Now, don't laugh, because I've been begging for it for weeks but...I got this! We put half of it together, went out to dinner at The Happy Sumo, and then picked up my ice cream cake at BR's. It was a lot of fun, and I can't stop playing and admiring my new toy!
On Sunday, we went to a family dinner with about half of Jess's family (2 brothers, 2 sis-in-laws, 14 nieces and nephews).
Now, as pretty much every one knows, conference weekend is coming up. I was wondering if you guys have any traditions that you wouldn't mind sharing. Are there special breakfasts, snacks, or dinners that you plan? Do you play any games (like GC Bingo) while watching conference? Do you get special journals or pens? Do you do something special between sessions? Do the Brethren go out some where in particular after Saturday evening session? Do the girls go out any where in particular during that session? I'm looking for some ideas.
One tradition we are going to start (which is most un-healthy) is to have Krispy Kremes and chocolate milk for breakfast on Saturday, but I'm looking for more ideas. I'm thinking about decorating a binder, which will be used for note-taking. What are some other ideas you may have?
Also, I may be getting my Costco card this week. If that's not something to cheer about, I don't know what is.
So, Friday evening, Jess scored seats for the "Pillar of the Valley" Banquet, honoring Blake Roney for all he's done for Utah Valley. He's a pretty awesome guy. The food was amazing, done by Culinary Craft (which I think has been on Food Network), and, we got to rub elbows with a few of "the Brethren". We got to say hi to President Uchtdorf. We got to see Eld. Ballard and Eld. Andersen. It was a lot of fun. The event ended with the BYU football team singing "Army of Helaman", which was really touching to watch.
Saturday, after I finished up my assignments, I got to open my present from Wendy-darling, which was some new stamps! (We put them to use last night during FHE). Then, Jess gave me my present. Now, don't laugh, because I've been begging for it for weeks but...I got this! We put half of it together, went out to dinner at The Happy Sumo, and then picked up my ice cream cake at BR's. It was a lot of fun, and I can't stop playing and admiring my new toy!
On Sunday, we went to a family dinner with about half of Jess's family (2 brothers, 2 sis-in-laws, 14 nieces and nephews).
Now, as pretty much every one knows, conference weekend is coming up. I was wondering if you guys have any traditions that you wouldn't mind sharing. Are there special breakfasts, snacks, or dinners that you plan? Do you play any games (like GC Bingo) while watching conference? Do you get special journals or pens? Do you do something special between sessions? Do the Brethren go out some where in particular after Saturday evening session? Do the girls go out any where in particular during that session? I'm looking for some ideas.
One tradition we are going to start (which is most un-healthy) is to have Krispy Kremes and chocolate milk for breakfast on Saturday, but I'm looking for more ideas. I'm thinking about decorating a binder, which will be used for note-taking. What are some other ideas you may have?
Also, I may be getting my Costco card this week. If that's not something to cheer about, I don't know what is.


Comments
General Conference traditions - all the guys from my family and Ryans family (I love how much my family and my in-laws get a long) go out to eat after priesthood session while the girls get together and do whatever (I'm thinking the guys tradition sounds like more fun). Thats about it - I like your krispy kremes idea - I'll go for any excuse to buy krispy kremes!
Happy Belated Birthday!!!