Sick. Harry Potter (no spoilers). Thanksgiving. Marta

Today, in bakery, I get to practice cake decorating. Hopefully.

In other news, I am sick. Again. 3rd or 4th time since September. The same thing happened last year in the fall/early winter. I was sick every 3-4 weeks. It's kind of a problem. I went to the health center to see what this is all about. Apparently, there is something wacky with my sinus area, and so I get infections crazy easily. And they happen fast. I get a tiny sore throat one afternoon, and two hours later, I sound like death. I'm hoping now that I know what the problem is, I can do stuff to take care of it. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Jess and I went to see Marriage of Figaro last night. Last semester, the theater department did Barber of Seville, which is the prequel to Marriage of Figaro. Since I was sicky and cough-y and ache-y, we could only stay until intermission. I know this may seem rather un-cultured of me, but I can only handle opera music for about an hour and a half anyway.

We are going to see Harry Potter tomorrow. A few of our nieces and nephews in Provo saw it last night at midnight. As much as Jess and I like Harry Potter, we like our sleep more. We did stop by the theater last night to pick up tickets for Saturday. My goodness. We were there at 9:30, and there had been people sitting in line since 6 or 7. The movie didn't start until midnight! As far as folks dressed up, we saw a few people with ties, scarves, robes, etc, a Bellatrix, a Professor Sprout, 3 Ginny's, 2 Hermione's, and a couple of Harry's. Any how, we are excited for that. For those of you that read his blog, he will probably write a review, but no worries, he does not put spoilers in.

Thanksgiving is almost here. It's going to be really chill. I'll be spending Monday-Wednesday at the library. Thursday, we are staying in our comfy clothes, eating all day long, and decorating for Christmas. Friday will probably be pretty much the same as Thursday. Want to know what we are eating? Well...of course you do! It's pretty regular. Turkey (with Santa Maria seasoning on it) with gravy, mashed potatoes (home made, grown in Idaho, of course), rolls, cranberry jelly, green been casserole, stuffing and...pumpkin pie. For breakfast and dessert. That's a Gibb tradition. Jesse's mom always makes mini pumpkin pies for breakfast on Thanksgiving day. It was my job for the last two years, as a matter of fact. For snacks during the day, we will have artichoke dip, cream cheese and jalapeno jelly (Jess has never had it), and olives.

In my last post, I mentioned advent calendars and a blogger I really like, Marta. Well, the next day, Saturday, Jess and I made our trip to Idaho Falls, and lo-and-behold, while walking around Target, I see a cute young lady that looks familiar. I start thinking where I might have seen her. Does she work on campus? No, that's no it. Is she in my ward? Nope. She's Marta! One of my favorite bloggers. So then...I get all nervous and silly. Do I say something to her? Will she think I'm weird? What if it' s not her?
So, of course, I say something to her. I ask if her name is Marta, she confirms, and I squeel.... "You're from martawrites.com! I love your blog! I totally got inspired to make my own advent calendar and I posted it on my blog and I am so so excited." and I rambled on a tiny bit more. She said that was cool, told me I should e-mail her pics of my advent calendar, and then I got all embarrassed, mumbled how great that would be, and just kinda of smiled and walked away. And then I couldn't stop giggling all day. I met Marta! Teehee. To make matters even better....
She mentioned me on her blog a day or two later. Want to see? Here is a link to the post.

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!

Comments

Popular Posts