pioneers and pop corn

Yesterday was such a good day.
Walking around town in the snow, thinking about how lucky we are. Yeah, it was cold and windy, and I'm still not completely over my infection, but the pioneer's had it so much harder. We are so lucky we only had to walk 4 blocks there and 4 blocks back, and we had snow boots and good jackets. We knew we were going to be at our apartment within a few minutes, where we had a heater and we could make hot chocolate within a few minutes. Man we are lucky.
Also, it'll make a great story for our kids. "When I was your age, I had to walk to 8 blocks to school, up hills both ways, in snow waist deep".

We stopped by the store to pick up anything we'd need for the next few days so we don't have to leave our place. While there, we picked up some bread bowls (75 cents each) and a can of soup. Yep. Dinner was soup in a bread bowl. That was so satisfying.

Also, we bought a couple of bags of kettle corn last week. And then I found this recipe, which we tried last night and I could not believe how easy it was. And it was delicious, and cheaper, and we're probably going to do it again next time we watch a movie. I cannot tell you how highly I recommend it.


I just looked out the window at the library and it is coming down hard. Woohoo!

Comments

Popular Posts