Rexburg
Back in the burg, living happily ever after.
We like our apartment, and we walk to school every day. We are anxious to get into gov't subsidized though. I'm continuing to get better at baking and cooking. I'm always looking for new recipes to try. Tonight, I'm making garlic chicken stir fry. On Sunday, I'm going to make potatoe skins since it's super bowl sunday, and that just sounds like a football-ish type food. We're not actually watching the super bowl, but we're going to eat like we are.
Next weekend, I might try to make my mom's french toast casserole (because it's Valentine's day, and...well...that's the only reason why), and I'm going to try to make some home made bread soon too.
Other than baking and cooking, Jess and I are still studying hard. I'm happy to say I haven't missed a day of reading for any of my classes (text book reading can be easy to shirk, but I'm not letting it happen this time around).
I started reading a book called "The Spirit of Ricks". It's the history of Ricks College from 1888 to 1997 (right when Bednar came). It's pretty interesting, and I'm having a hard time putting it down.
Also, Jess has a new blog up to showcase some of his graphic design work. The link is
littlegibb8.blogspot.com
feel free to follow and stuff.
Thus far, Jess and I haven't been impressed with the Rexburg winter. He's actually prayed for more snow because we feel like we've been cheated. The snow isn't even covering the fire hydrants. We're hoping to get a big storm some time soon.
So there's an update. Hope all is well for you guys too!
Also, just so Wendy knows. I am still making cards. Thanks for all the support in that department.
We like our apartment, and we walk to school every day. We are anxious to get into gov't subsidized though. I'm continuing to get better at baking and cooking. I'm always looking for new recipes to try. Tonight, I'm making garlic chicken stir fry. On Sunday, I'm going to make potatoe skins since it's super bowl sunday, and that just sounds like a football-ish type food. We're not actually watching the super bowl, but we're going to eat like we are.
Next weekend, I might try to make my mom's french toast casserole (because it's Valentine's day, and...well...that's the only reason why), and I'm going to try to make some home made bread soon too.
Other than baking and cooking, Jess and I are still studying hard. I'm happy to say I haven't missed a day of reading for any of my classes (text book reading can be easy to shirk, but I'm not letting it happen this time around).
I started reading a book called "The Spirit of Ricks". It's the history of Ricks College from 1888 to 1997 (right when Bednar came). It's pretty interesting, and I'm having a hard time putting it down.
Also, Jess has a new blog up to showcase some of his graphic design work. The link is
littlegibb8.blogspot.com
feel free to follow and stuff.
Thus far, Jess and I haven't been impressed with the Rexburg winter. He's actually prayed for more snow because we feel like we've been cheated. The snow isn't even covering the fire hydrants. We're hoping to get a big storm some time soon.
So there's an update. Hope all is well for you guys too!
Also, just so Wendy knows. I am still making cards. Thanks for all the support in that department.


Comments