Spiffed up Macaronie and Cheese

So, Jess and I got crafty when we made dinner last night, and it was soooo tasty!
We made macaroni and cheese (not the boxed kind, the real stuff, with home made cheese sauce). We roasted some bell peppers and onions, and mixed that in. Yum.
Then, in a bowl, we crushed some cheese crackers (like cheeze-itz), and mixed in bacon (leftover from the night before), and Parmesan cheese. We mixed half of that with the mac and cheese, and put then put the macaroni and cheese in a casserole dish. The other half of the cheesy-bacon mix was sprinkled on top, and then we baked it for a 15 or 20 minutes, so it had a nice, crunchy crust on top.
Needless to say, it was very tasty. I'm looking forward to trying different things in there, like fried onions, or potatoe chips, or other roasted vegitables.
What are some fun recipes you guys have tried recently?

Comments

Unknown said…
Just last night I had to get innovative with what I had on hand. We had diced cooked chicken with Cream of chicken soup and diced tomatoes and green chiles (rotel can) served over rice. I was quick and easy, and flavorful. We even put fried noodles on top.

Popular Posts