Fantastic Weekend

Good news! On Thursday, Jess got a job as a computer assistant in the visual media computer lab. He doesn't want to have two jobs, so he quit early morning janitorial. I didn't want to work there with out him, and I wanted to be able to focus more on my course work (and spend some time with my roommies...they're great), so I quit too! No more waking up at 3:30 in the morning!!! We, to say the least, are very happy.
Friday, we got to sleep in! Friday night, after spending many hours doing homework, we watched High School Musical 3, and made some cupcakes. Nice and easy.
Saturday morning, I woke up early (I want to continue that habit), worked out at the gym, came home and got pretty, then went back on to campus to crank out 7 more hours of homework. After that...it was time for a date!
We made gourmet-ish grilled cheese sandwiches (cheese, sauteed onions and bell peppers), with curried red lentil soup. Since it was raining out, we decided to put on some grubby clothes and go puddle jumping! It was a blast! We got way soaked. I had about an inch of water in my rainboots by the end.
After we went our separate ways to dry off and shower, we ended up at his apartment to make "dirt cups". I'm sure you all know what it is..but I can explain it anyway.
  • Chocolate pudding
  • Oreo cookies (minus the creme filing), crumbled up
  • gummy worms
  • put the chocolate pudding in cups or mugs, insert gummy worms (let them hang over the rim of the cup)
  • Put in fridge for a few minutes to set.
  • Before you serve, sprinkle the "dirt" (cookie crumbs) on top.
  • Eat--of course!
After dirt cups, it was back to campus. Jess and I watch an episode of heroes in one of the empty iComm sound booths. The computer screens are huge, and we get you get a little room to yourself (as long as you know the key code). It's great. We do that from time to time.

and best of all...we don't have to wake up at redicioulous hours any more! Woot Woot!

Comments

Popular Posts