Hawaiian Haystacks!

Earlier today, I was chatting with my SIL- Jen. I was trying to come up with a good idea for dinner, and she mentioned she was thinking about making Hawaiian haystacks. I have not had those in so long, so I thought I'd try my hand at it. I was already at the market, so I picked up the items I didn't already have at home. I decided I wanted sweet and sour sauce instead of gravy. I didn't want to spend the $5 on a bottle that would only be used once or twice, so I decided I'd try to make my own. My mom gave me a recipe, and I changed it up a tad to make it my own (actually...I just didn't have vinegar, so I used ketchup instead). It turned out way good! I've realized lately I have hardly been blogging, so I decided to snap some pictures to share with ya'll! Enjoy!



Jess, stirring the sauce


My turn to stir!


Finished product! Delightful!

And Jess was randomly craving this today too, so it worked out very well.

Comments

Denise said…
Good Idea substituting ketchup for vinegar, looks like it turned out good.
Unknown said…
Wasn't dinner delicious last night? It is like we had dinner with you. Oh and David thought it was such a coincidence that you made the EXACT same thing as us (he looks at pics not the words), then I mentioned talking to you earlier and it wasn't so coincidental. hehe
Amanda said…
yummy - now I want hawaiian haystacks! The pictures are cute - I love your hair!
Mimi Nowland said…
I am impressed with your busy schedule you still take time to cook with your favorite person! Thanks for the pictures.

Popular Posts