Thanksgiving in Portland
Hi all! Well, I went to Portland for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. Here's a run down.
Tuesday- I got there at 9:30 in the morning. Jess picked me up, we went to his house, he made me breakfast (yum!!!), and then we went out to visit his mom at work, see his 5th grade teacher, visit with Tom, Colleen and the girls, and visit a high school teacher. They were all very nice. That night, we just visited with the family (I think...)
Wednesday- Instead of going to the mall on Black Friday, we perused through some stores the day before Thanksgiving. We went to Old Navy, where I got a couple of blouses and Jess got a few pairs of jeans, a sweater, and a couple of shirts. They all look great on him ;-) We also checked out some other stores in Bridgeport. That evening, Jess took me to my first NBA game. I got to see the Portland Trailblazers beat the Miami Heat. It was a lot of fun!
Thursday- Turkey Day! Jess and I were able to help Sis. Gibb make pumpkin pie and put the turkey in, and help with everything else the rest of the day. The Gibb family is a whole lot of fun, and I enjoyed playing with the kids and getting to know all the parents. There were nearly 40 people there for Christmas dinner. It was new, but it was fun. After dinner, we played games, and I taught a few people there how to play Quiddler.
Friday- Friday was a pretty lazy day. We hung around the house, then went out and poked through a couple of stores with shiny objects in them. Jess had to work that night. The men all went to a blazer game. The kids all went to see Madagascar 2. The mom's went shopping, and I got to help babysit Gabby (who is Jesse's cousin's daughter). She's funny, and has a lot of personality. Unfortunatly, I ended up getting sick to my stomach that night. I am sooo grateful Jesse's mom was there to help. She's amazing.
Saturday- Jess had to work again. I met up with him for lunch, and then I sat around the book store and read a few chapters of a book that I thought looked cute. That night, Jess and I watched "Penelope" with Colleen and Sara. Jess got me that movie for Christmas. I love it!
Sunday- Church! I got to meet some new faces, and say hi to some non-new faces. The Gibb family is really loved in that ward. Tom and Colleen came over to visit again that night. The girls are so much fun! I love playing with them.
Monday- The day I had to leave :-(. Jess helped me pack up, and we just hung around the house, visiting. I had such a great week with them, and I'm excited to visit there again. It was amazing
Well...there's your update. I might throw in some pictures next post. I have to get them uploaded first!
Tuesday- I got there at 9:30 in the morning. Jess picked me up, we went to his house, he made me breakfast (yum!!!), and then we went out to visit his mom at work, see his 5th grade teacher, visit with Tom, Colleen and the girls, and visit a high school teacher. They were all very nice. That night, we just visited with the family (I think...)
Wednesday- Instead of going to the mall on Black Friday, we perused through some stores the day before Thanksgiving. We went to Old Navy, where I got a couple of blouses and Jess got a few pairs of jeans, a sweater, and a couple of shirts. They all look great on him ;-) We also checked out some other stores in Bridgeport. That evening, Jess took me to my first NBA game. I got to see the Portland Trailblazers beat the Miami Heat. It was a lot of fun!
Thursday- Turkey Day! Jess and I were able to help Sis. Gibb make pumpkin pie and put the turkey in, and help with everything else the rest of the day. The Gibb family is a whole lot of fun, and I enjoyed playing with the kids and getting to know all the parents. There were nearly 40 people there for Christmas dinner. It was new, but it was fun. After dinner, we played games, and I taught a few people there how to play Quiddler.
Friday- Friday was a pretty lazy day. We hung around the house, then went out and poked through a couple of stores with shiny objects in them. Jess had to work that night. The men all went to a blazer game. The kids all went to see Madagascar 2. The mom's went shopping, and I got to help babysit Gabby (who is Jesse's cousin's daughter). She's funny, and has a lot of personality. Unfortunatly, I ended up getting sick to my stomach that night. I am sooo grateful Jesse's mom was there to help. She's amazing.
Saturday- Jess had to work again. I met up with him for lunch, and then I sat around the book store and read a few chapters of a book that I thought looked cute. That night, Jess and I watched "Penelope" with Colleen and Sara. Jess got me that movie for Christmas. I love it!
Sunday- Church! I got to meet some new faces, and say hi to some non-new faces. The Gibb family is really loved in that ward. Tom and Colleen came over to visit again that night. The girls are so much fun! I love playing with them.
Monday- The day I had to leave :-(. Jess helped me pack up, and we just hung around the house, visiting. I had such a great week with them, and I'm excited to visit there again. It was amazing
Well...there's your update. I might throw in some pictures next post. I have to get them uploaded first!


Comments