Portland!!!
Well, I'm back from my trip. Well, I'm not sure what I mean by back, because coming back means returning to where you were, and I am not there. Anywho. Portland.
I got the on a Saturday. That afternoon, we had a family bar-b-que. It was a lot of fun to meet more of the Gibb clan, and to be able to test my knowledge of who was with who. For those of you that don't know, Jess is from a big family. 7 Siblings. 6 siblings-in-law. 22 nieces and nephews. And of course, his parents.
Anywho, so we had the bar-b-que. Tom made briskit. It was delicious. I visited with his siblings, played with the kids, and learned how to give a 4-year old an "Under-Doggy" correctly.
On Sunday, we went to church with his parents, and spent the rest of the day at home, taking a Sunday nap, helping with dinner, visiting. All that jazz.
Monday, we went to downtown Portland in the afternoon. We stopped by a few little shops. Went to the adidas store, the pumas store, and I introduced Jess to a store I'm sure he'll love called "Sur La Table". It's a great kitchen store.
We also stopped by the Rose Garden, where the Trailblazers play. All in all, it was fun to just walk around town, look into shops, watch bums dig through trash cans, and use public transportation.
This picture is us outside one of the stores down town.
On Tuesday, we went golfing in the morning. Jesse's dad is a member of a country club there, so we went out and played a few holes. Since Bro. Gibb is a much more experienced golfer (he golfs at least 3 or 4 times a week, sometimes up to 6), and Jess and I weren't as good, we decided Jess and I would be on a team and play best ball. It was fun. My favorite part was when I teed up, hit the ball, and heard a loud bang. I had sliced the ball rather sharply to the right...and hit a house. Luckily I didn't break anything, and the lady that lived there assured me that it was okay, and it happened all the time.

Here are Jess and his dad, who is also named Jess.

Wednesday, we went to the coast, to a town called Lincoln City. It being Oregon, it wasn't incredibly toasty, but it was rather nice out. The water was freezing, but that was to be expected.
When we got to Lincoln City, the first thing we did was walk around the outlet mall. It wasn't as big as Park City's or Gilroy's, but it was nice. I bought a pair of pants at Gap. They were originally$40, but they were on clearance for $14.99. I went to buy them, thinking I was getting a pretty good deal anyway. The cashier told me my total was $8.99. Apparently, there was a 40% off sale for Women's. Needless to say, I was happy. After we strolled the mall, we decided to eat lunch at a restaurant called Mo's. It's a family favorite, and it's pretty popular with just about every one that's ever been to it. It was very tasty. After Mo's, we walked down to the coast.

Jess jumped in the water right away. I opted to sit on the beach and watch. I took a few pictures, and just lounged for a bit.
After his run through the water, Jess and I built a sandcastle. It turned our pretty well, and was a lot of fun to build. If you look closely, you can tell the bridge over the moat actually has space for water to move underneath it. We were pretty proud of our work (which was mostly Jess. I specialized on keeping the moat intact and bringing water .)
On Thursday, we did some baptisms at the temple in the morning. In the afternoon, we went to a nice shopping area called Bridgeport. It was the kind of place that has really high end stuff. It has a Banana Republic, but no Gap. Yeah. Classy.

After a long night on Thursday, we decided we'd take it easy on Friday. We made breakfast, canned peaches, put together a puzzle, watched one of Brian Regan's comedy routines, and basically lounged around the house. Friday night, we went to a wedding reception.
Saturday, it came time for me to leave. It was a great week. I loved visiting the area, meeting the family, seeing Jess. His parents are really sweet and down to earth. It was prefect.

So there you go. I've updated you on my week in Portland. Now I'm in Los Angeles, trying to stay productive. I'm sure things will pick up soon.
Catch ya'll later!
I got the on a Saturday. That afternoon, we had a family bar-b-que. It was a lot of fun to meet more of the Gibb clan, and to be able to test my knowledge of who was with who. For those of you that don't know, Jess is from a big family. 7 Siblings. 6 siblings-in-law. 22 nieces and nephews. And of course, his parents.
Anywho, so we had the bar-b-que. Tom made briskit. It was delicious. I visited with his siblings, played with the kids, and learned how to give a 4-year old an "Under-Doggy" correctly.
On Sunday, we went to church with his parents, and spent the rest of the day at home, taking a Sunday nap, helping with dinner, visiting. All that jazz.
Monday, we went to downtown Portland in the afternoon. We stopped by a few little shops. Went to the adidas store, the pumas store, and I introduced Jess to a store I'm sure he'll love called "Sur La Table". It's a great kitchen store.
We also stopped by the Rose Garden, where the Trailblazers play. All in all, it was fun to just walk around town, look into shops, watch bums dig through trash cans, and use public transportation.
This picture is us outside one of the stores down town.

On Tuesday, we went golfing in the morning. Jesse's dad is a member of a country club there, so we went out and played a few holes. Since Bro. Gibb is a much more experienced golfer (he golfs at least 3 or 4 times a week, sometimes up to 6), and Jess and I weren't as good, we decided Jess and I would be on a team and play best ball. It was fun. My favorite part was when I teed up, hit the ball, and heard a loud bang. I had sliced the ball rather sharply to the right...and hit a house. Luckily I didn't break anything, and the lady that lived there assured me that it was okay, and it happened all the time.

Here are Jess and his dad, who is also named Jess.

Wednesday, we went to the coast, to a town called Lincoln City. It being Oregon, it wasn't incredibly toasty, but it was rather nice out. The water was freezing, but that was to be expected.
When we got to Lincoln City, the first thing we did was walk around the outlet mall. It wasn't as big as Park City's or Gilroy's, but it was nice. I bought a pair of pants at Gap. They were originally$40, but they were on clearance for $14.99. I went to buy them, thinking I was getting a pretty good deal anyway. The cashier told me my total was $8.99. Apparently, there was a 40% off sale for Women's. Needless to say, I was happy. After we strolled the mall, we decided to eat lunch at a restaurant called Mo's. It's a family favorite, and it's pretty popular with just about every one that's ever been to it. It was very tasty. After Mo's, we walked down to the coast.
Jess jumped in the water right away. I opted to sit on the beach and watch. I took a few pictures, and just lounged for a bit.
On Thursday, we did some baptisms at the temple in the morning. In the afternoon, we went to a nice shopping area called Bridgeport. It was the kind of place that has really high end stuff. It has a Banana Republic, but no Gap. Yeah. Classy.

After a long night on Thursday, we decided we'd take it easy on Friday. We made breakfast, canned peaches, put together a puzzle, watched one of Brian Regan's comedy routines, and basically lounged around the house. Friday night, we went to a wedding reception.
Saturday, it came time for me to leave. It was a great week. I loved visiting the area, meeting the family, seeing Jess. His parents are really sweet and down to earth. It was prefect.

So there you go. I've updated you on my week in Portland. Now I'm in Los Angeles, trying to stay productive. I'm sure things will pick up soon.
Catch ya'll later!


Comments