Utah trip, and other adventures.

A few weeks ago, Jesse and I went down to UT for the weekend. It was a whole lot of fun, of course. He got to meet my parents, we went spent time in Salt Lake. Everything was just fantastic.

We went all throughout Temple Square, toured the Conference Center, went to the top of the Church Office Building, ate at the Lion House, and we saw the Joseph Smith movie.

We walked around Temple Square, and took a few cute pictures.

We went out to eat with some of his family. From the top there's Julie and Gary (brother and sister in law), Jesse and I, Amy (to the right of Jess, his neice), and then there's Heather and Ron (another brother and sister in law). It was a lot of fun to meet them, and they're all really cool. Gary is a elementary school principle in Utah. Ron is involved in marketing (or something like that), and is currently involved in this big golf tournament called the Legends Cup Challenge. Heather is a photographer. Jess has shown me some of her work, and it's pretty impressive. Amy is actually 8 months older than Jess. She graduated from BYU-I last summer with a Comm. major, and she's currently working in Utah County.

I had a big roll of bubble wrap at my apt, so Jess and I decided it'd be fun to roll down one of the hills in town with bubble wrap on. It was a really warm day, so we were basically roasting in all the tape and wrap, but it was a lot of fun, and very dizzy-ing.


Last, but not least, Jess and I watched fireworks in Idaho falls for the fourth of July. The show was pretty impressive, but we decided the traffic wasn't worth it. We've decided to do something Rexburg next year.

So there ya'll, I've updated as much as I can (Jess still has some pictures on his camera, but I've been putting this off long enough. I'll get them from him later).
The semester is almost over. It'll be nice to not be in class, but I am going to miss Rexburg, and Jesse of course. He'll be heading to Portland, and I'll be in Los Angeles for the fall semester. We've made some plans to see each other though. I'm heading up the first week of August, which is when I'll meet his parents. He's planning on coming down in early October, for a few days. I'm looking forward to taking him to the beach and swimming at grandpa's place, and of course we'll go to Tito's Tacos and In-n-Out while he's in town. He LOVES In-n-Out. He actually did his final project on it for his public speaking class this semester.

Also, I've been invited to spend Thanksgiving with his family in Portland. It's going to be awesome!

I suppose I could update ya'll on how school is going this semester too. As I promised, I am keeping up with my school work. I recently finished my philosophy final project, which I got a 91% on. I wrote a paper on existentialism, and then I got to discuss it with my professor. It was really fun, and not too stressful, because I knew what I was talking about. I am so happy I had a tutor this semester. I can definitely see the progress I've made, as can my tutor.

So...there you go!

Comments

Unknown said…
Yay for updates. I can't wait to see pics. of the dance! Congrats again on your success on your classes. Way to work hard! You look beautiful and so happy! Love you

Popular Posts