updating, studying, managing, planning and dating

Well, according to Wendy, I am not the most fantastic blogger, so I suppose I ought to update ya'll some.

I'm still doing a lot of homework, especially in the philosophy department. I study for it about 6 hours a week, plus 3 hours of class, and 3 hours of tutoring.

I'm the assistant manager for the track program this semester. That usually takes up around 5 or 6 hours a week, with planning meetings and track meets themselves (set up, meet, take down). They recently gave me the task of designing and ordering t-shirts for the track teams. That ought to be cool. Lucky for me, I have a friend whose father owns a t-shirt printing business, and he's more than willing to help me out.

The weather is getting warmer, which is rather uplifting. I don't have to wear a coat every morning to school.

As usual, I've still got my systems and routines this semester.
MWF- On campus at about 7, homework, breakfast, class, lunch, study, dinner.
Monday, I also have FHE. Woo!
Tuesday- on campus atleast by 9, sometimes 7 though, homework, then home for lunch. After that it's Devo, more homework, dinner, then tutoring. Sometimes I have other study groups or I try to catch the jazz combo. (this is one of my bustiest days)
Thursday, I go to the library in the AM, tutor, eat lunch, and study more.
Friday, after classes, I have another tutor session, then I have track until 7 or 8 every night. That's my other busy day.
My day planner and I are constantly developing a closer and deeper relationship together. I can honestly say he's my best friend, and my life would basically fall apart with out him. It's basically love. Recently, a friend mentioned that "if you don't plan your day, the devil will plan it for you", which I thought was a rather good way of looking at it, because it goes along with the saying "an idle mind is the devil's playground". I'm sure you're all happy to hear I am avoiding the devil.

Another update I feel I should mention is that lately, I've been spending a some time with a young man named Jess. We met in my communication class, and have worked on a few projects and assignments together. Things are going pretty well, and after going on dates for a bit more than a month, we're starting to "pair off". Don't worry friends and family, I am not rushing into anything, and I am making sure I get my homework done first. Things are going really well for he and I though. He recently met Kevin, Ellen, David and Jen. He and I are also making plans to head to Utah for a weekend, so I can meet some of his family, and he can meet more of mine.

This week, he and I are going to a play, the broadway revue, and guitar's unplugged. It ought to be fun.

Here's a picture of he and I. This picture was taken a few weeks ago, after a group presentation we did for our interpersonal communication class. We did very well on the presentation (basically set the standard, obviously, since we're all snazzed up and everything).
So there...now you've been updated. I'm sure I will have many more amazing things happen in the future that I'll be able to share with you. I love you all!


Comments

Wendy said…
Yeah- what a nice post :) I regret having chastised you now!
Melarie Wheat said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melarie Wheat said…
sounds like you have been very busy!
Mimi Nowland said…
I love to know how you are doing, it sounds like you are really busy. I love the picture. Keep up the good work.

Popular Posts